What Brown does to me...

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it just me, or does everyone get excited when UPS or Fedex has stuff for you? I mean, I have some gaffers tape, another umbrella mount and some ball bungies on the way and I've been refreshing the tracking page every half hour or so like a little kid. I don't even need any of those things I was just getting some extra stuff ordered for the upcoming wedding season... Am I the only one who does this? :lol:

Not at all. I have some stuff that I know is not showing up until tomorrow but I have hit the tracking page at least once a day. I don't know why I do it, but I always have.

I'm not getting anything special, but last week I got my new light meter from Amazon I had it overnighted so I didn't have to wait. They should put GPS units on those trucks so you can watch them drive their routes, then you'd know when they were pulling into your neighborhood and you could go meet them... lol could you imagine if they actually did have gps units you could track. There'd be a million people a day just staring at a computer screen watching the UPS guy make his deliveries...

I actually missed the UPS man once while waiting for a new Mac. I missed him by about 5 minutes... got in my car and drove around the neighborhood till I found him! That was 45 minutes later! It was a Friday and I damn sure couldn't wait till Monday to get my new computer!

Thought I was the only crazy like this!

its great when the post is comming and you know its not a bill!
seems to me that and bank statments are all that is sent these days - so its great when you have a parcel of something interesting (there are endless uses for gaffer tape!)

its great when the post is comming and you know its not a bill!
seems to me that and bank statments are all that is sent these days - so its great when you have a parcel of something interesting (there are endless uses for gaffer tape!)

Exactly what I was thinking. I have about half a roll left, but I don't want to have to order supplies in the middle of the wedding season. Just like the umbrella mount, I already have plenty but I figure an extra never hurt anyone. I like getting something in the mail besides bills too :D Which do seem to come more and more these days...

I actually missed the UPS man once while waiting for a new Mac. I missed him by about 5 minutes... got in my car and drove around the neighborhood till I found him! That was 45 minutes later! It was a Friday and I damn sure couldn't wait till Monday to get my new computer!

Thought I was the only crazy like this!

You should stop down to the new studio Chris. It's right down the street from Newport on the Levee. Matter of fact I think it's about 5 or 6 blocks down. Right into Bellevue on the right hand side of Fairfield ave. 421. We'll be there all day Sunday. We're not quite open yet, but we'd love to have some fellow photog company. :mrgreen:

When I ordered my RB67, I was going nuts waiting. When I saw a UPS truck at a coffee shop, I jumped the driver and asked him if he had my package. He checked my id, grabbed it, and I signed for it. I opened the box in the car. When it comes to ordering stuff, I am an 8yr old with a Visa. I'll be getting 2 flash heads with triggers, stands and umbrellas in about a week and I already can't wait.

It's been a long time since i've ordered camera gear, I try and avoid mail-order if possible, as long as the price is in line and not too much more, i'd much rather help someone out and buy locally. Support the local workers on commission and/or help out a local business.

It's been a long time since i've ordered camera gear, I try and avoid mail-order if possible, as long as the price is in line and not too much more, i'd much rather help someone out and buy locally. Support the local workers on commission and/or help out a local business.

Yeah I hear you on that, but the problem is, most of the time the price isn't even close. Or, for example the other day Best Buy had D200 bodies on sale for $549.00 or something silly like that. But it was only online. You couldn't go into the store and get it. I have just recently found a small mom and pop camera store here in the Cincinnati area that has great prices. They have been in business for 30+ years and treat their customers great. Their prices on some stuff isn't the cheapest, but they are close. I'll be buying from them from now on. When I went up their the other day they had a used 60mm 2.8 that the guy sold me for $195.00 because I was buying some other stuff for the studio. That's the kind of place I like, a place that takes care of their customers. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back