What camera bag are you using?

Ive used this for a while now.
800px-Canon-Deluxe_Backpack-200-EG.jpg
But its pretty big for a day outing when I need just 1 extra lens.

So I just got this last week. Havent really used it yet. Its a Tamrac 3536. I think ill like the sling.
TAM3536BK.jpg

D

Ive used this for a while now. [picture omitted to save space] But its pretty big for a day outing when I need just 1 extra lens.
That's the bag I was using before I got the F-2. The F-2 is slightly smaller, and feels heavier due to only one strap instead of two.

Out of curiosity, how is your Canon bag holding up? Mine didn't last nearly as long as I had expected. One of the straps broke, and the stitching is coming loose in other places. That's the main reason I went with the Domke - I know it will last forever.

Last edited:
Hmmm, It looks the same as the day I bought it. I do use it pretty lightly, but I am generally rough on things...

D

Hmmm, It looks the same as the day I bought it. I do use it pretty lightly, but I am generally rough on things...

D

I have had the same Canon bag for about a year and used it exclusively until I bought my Tamrac CyberPro. I still use it alot when I only want to carry a couple of lenses. It has held up great and only cost me about $35 from Amazon when I bought it.

I use a Lowepro vertex 100 aw and a nova 3 AW. Vertex i great! all things i need fit in the bag 2 bodies 3 lenses a flash cokin stuff and my tripod. Ow and don't forget my macbook. flash and other crap(usually a dvd for on the flight or something).

Nova 3 is nice for a day like tomorrow a nice family day just taking an old film camera and a 30d with my 28-70 all fits in.

I'm heading to Costa Rica in November and I'm looking for a bag that will hold my 5D with the grip, 2-3 lenses, my 15" Macbook Pro, a tripod or monopod, and all the other paraphernalia that that equipment comes with as well as reading material for the plane and a change of clothes for that "just in case your luggage didn't make it onto the plane, it'll be here in 3 days". I've discovered a 16"-17" external length is what I'll need for the backpack. And of course, I'd ideally like to use it both for the plane ride, and tooteling around the country. Basically I want it all in a small backpack, kinda like a bottomless bag! :)

I've been reading the reviews both on amazon and here and am currently looking at the Lowepro Vertex 100 AW http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Verte...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1215886369&sr=1-1. My brother picked up the Fastpack 250, and I like that it fits my smaller frame just fine, but it won't hold a tripod.

The bags I've seen recommended here won't do everything that I'm looking for, with teh exception of Mr Bennett's post as I'm looking at the bag he already owns. Does anyone have a suggestion for my "need to do it all workhorse and day bag" bag?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm heading to Costa Rica in November and I'm looking for a bag that will hold my 5D with the grip, 2-3 lenses, my 15" Macbook Pro, a tripod or monopod, and all the other paraphernalia that that equipment comes with as well as reading material for the plane and a change of clothes for that "just in case your luggage didn't make it onto the plane, it'll be here in 3 days". I've discovered a 16"-17" external length is what I'll need for the backpack. And of course, I'd ideally like to use it both for the plane ride, and tooteling around the country. Basically I want it all in a small backpack, kinda like a bottomless bag! :)

I've been reading the reviews both on amazon and here and am currently looking at the Lowepro Vertex 100 AW http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Verte...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1215886369&sr=1-1. My brother picked up the Fastpack 250, and I like that it fits my smaller frame just fine, but it won't hold a tripod.

The bags I've seen recommended here won't do everything that I'm looking for, with teh exception of Mr Bennett's post as I'm looking at the bag he already owns. Does anyone have a suggestion for my "need to do it all workhorse and day bag" bag?

If the backpack style isn't an absolute requirement, check out the Tamrac Cyberpro. I love it. They also make a version with wheels.
http://www.tamrac.com/5618.htm

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A big ol Tamrac, and a light smaller Tenba. Both about 20 years old and lookin good. Saved me and my stuff a few times too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back