What camera is this?

Could be a leica. They arent much bigger then that.

NO camera is visible!!! It could be a Panasonic. Or an Oly. Or a Leica. Or a Fuji. Or a Nikon. Or a Canon. Or a Sony.

Derrel, of course you're right, but I guess I was so impressed by the quality of the photos that I was hoping someone would shoot me down and tell me I was crazy. That there's no way a pro would really on a tiny camera like that for a paid gig. Would you be comfortable doing that?

Also, a bathroom? The Yankees don't have a better room for photoshoots?

Last edited:
hmmm my vote is Android software behind HTC hardware

Derrel, of course you're right, but I guess I was so impressed by the quality of the photos that I was hoping someone would shoot me down and tell me I was crazy. That there's no way a pro would really on a tiny camera like that for a paid gig. Would you be comfortable doing that?

You might be very surprised at the condescending attitude MANY organizations demonstrate toward photography, and photographers. Sometimes companies and organizations are real D!cks about photo shoots. Anyways...he appears to be shooting with a pretty nice continuous lighting unit; I'm not that familiar with continuous light, but I THINK it's a multi-LED light bank. You will notice that he has some gray seamless paper just taped to a wall with gaffer's tape. It looks like eight to nine feet of paper cut off of a half-width seamless roll. I suspect the photographer was able to transport all the needed stuff, half-width paper roll, light stand, and the small light unit, in one, single 50-60 inch tall duffel bag. Heck...he might have even taken a city bus, or the subway, or a cab to the shoot. Look at the images...the quality looks good. Amply good for headshots. So, apparently the P&S did an adequate job!

His website is pretty impressive. He uses a ton of different cameras. One set of NASCAR pics are from a polaroid. Pretty cool.

You might be very surprised at the condescending attitude MANY organizations demonstrate toward photography, and photographers. Sometimes companies and organizations are real D!cks about photo shoots. Anyways...he appears to be shooting with a pretty nice continuous lighting unit; I'm not that familiar with continuous light, but I THINK it's a multi-LED light bank. You will notice that he has some gray seamless paper just taped to a wall with gaffer's tape. It looks like eight to nine feet of paper cut off of a half-width seamless roll. I suspect the photographer was able to transport all the needed stuff, half-width paper roll, light stand, and the small light unit, in one, single 50-60 inch tall duffel bag. Heck...he might have even taken a city bus, or the subway, or a cab to the shoot. Look at the images...the quality looks good. Amply good for headshots. So, apparently the P&S did an adequate job!

It looks like a Kinoflo Diva lite with a grid Kino Flo Diva-Lite Product Detail

The very top photographers often no longer care so much about the gear.
One of my favourite fashion photographers of all time shot with at Contax T3 for a lot of her early career.
Yet another of my favourite photographers often uses an iPhone4S

Just goes to show it's way more about photographer knowledge and skill than what camera is used.

Couldn't stand the mystery, so I emailed the photographer. And he responded!

Hey Jon

Misleading little story. The images in the story are not attached to the camera I am using in the picture with arod.

The images in the story are shot with a mark 4 and I am shooting with an iPhone in the AP news pic.

Cheers
Nick

Nick Laham

Hey Jon

Misleading little story. The images in the story are not attached to the camera I am using in the picture with arod.

The images in the story are shot with a mark 4 and I am shooting with an iPhone in the AP news pic.

Cheers
Nick

Nick Laham

Sweet. Seems to be a nice guy to answer fan emails so quickly. I was going to guess iPhone because of the way he's holding it.

Hey Jon

Cheers
Nick

Nick Laham

Sweet. Seems to be a nice guy to answer fan emails so quickly. I was going to guess iPhone because of the way he's holding it.

lol my vote is for Android :)

Most reactions

Back