What camera to bring to China

DariaErkonukseven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Which camera should i bring with me to Beijing? I have a canon EOS system camera and a canon PowerShot camera. But which camera should a bring with me on the trip. Im going on a school trip and we are going to walk around the whole day, and i wonder which camera is the best to bring with me.

Bring the one you feel most comfortable with.

Walk for a day with your EOS system and find out how you feel.

Too big? Don't bring it.

Try the powershot. Don't have the controls you need? Take the EOS.

That's usually how I judge what camera to take on what trip. Size/Weight vs. Function.

Why not take both, it's not like you're having to decide on how many lenses and how many full size camera bodies to take along. I travel with a 40pound backpack with gear on every trip. You are going to a place you may never visit again, don't take the chance of missing out on anything.

Or you could be me. Take as many cameras as possible-that's my motto.

I'm with 768Soul...use what you know, but consider weight/size/convenience if you have to decide on only 1 camera.

Not knowing what lenses you have for your DSLR, you may find the Powershot gives you a better range focal lengths and only a small loss of image quality.

For what it's worth, I'm going on a vacation in a couple of weeks and I'm still undecided of what to carry myself. As a senior citizen, my time spent walking and carrying a DSLR gets shorter every year before my feet/legs/back hurt too much. I now have a Canon G15 which gives me full manual control if I want to do so, so that is getting strong consideration. I may just take both as I am not limited by baggage size limitations, then use one or the other as I feel like.

i like it when people go out and buy a new camera to take on vacation that they are accustomed to and don't know how to use properly and then struggle trying to figure it out missing shots. i would suggest using whatever you are most comfortable with and bringing both anyway so you have a backup. i haven't had good luck with a dslr for a everything camera personally, too many lens changes and having the right one at the right time. Depends on the lenses you have perhaps. The power shot will basically take a photo of whatever you want it to.

Most reactions

Back