What Camera Would Be Best For

casanovatalk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Shooting Videos With Good Quality, Aswell As Portraits.. Im New To Photography And I Really Am Interested in Buyin A New Camera And Shooting Videos.. Plus It Gets All The Chicks :razz:

Please I'll Appreciate Any Kind Of Feedback.. Also Im A Begainer.. So Take It Easy On Me.. I Just Want Really Good Quality For Shots, Aswell As Videos.. Another thing i Shake Alot So I Dont Have A Steady Hand So I Was Curious As To If They Have A Camera That Is Like Resistant From That, Or If They Have A Stand That I Could Use With The Particular Camera You Suggest.. Thanks In Advance..

Get a Canon 5DmkII.

...also...why do you capitalize every word?

Most people will tell you to get a camera for photos and a video camera for video's. Some do both but if you want better quality get one that is dedicated to one task.

Get a Canon 5DmkII.

Preciate It.. Thats What I Needed To Know.. I Type In Caps Because I Put Power In Every Word I Mention..

Now To The Person That Said I Needed A Camera And A Video Recorder.. Well Check It Out.. This Guy Did This Video From His Camera.. And It Also Shows What His Camera Looks Like On His Myspace Front Page.. So Could You Possibly Tell Me What This Camera Is?

Here Is The Video He Did With His Camera

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fls50brrkEE]YouTube - Curly Stone Presents Dope Dreams[/ame]

And His Myspace.. He's Good IMO

www.[URL="http://myspace.com/buckshots_designs"]myspace.com/buckshots_designs[/URL]

It Gets All The Chicks...

here is my suggestion... Think I might pick one up for myself at that price.

p!nK

hehe....

If one of your main reasons for getting a camera is to shoot videos then I would recommend dropping the idea of pictures and get yourself a nice camcorder. Or to get chicks, buy a 5DmkII (like Bitter suggested) with a 100-400mm white lens. That'll knock em dead.

Or maybe something like this: http://zedomax.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/megapixel_camera.jpg

I Think You Should Get A Camera With A Really Big Lens Because All The Ladies Think You're A Pro. You Obviously Don't Need A Camera That Works Because You Don't Need That For Chicks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBG8RhmW_N8]YouTube - Bruce Testones - fashion photographer[/ame]

ohh jeez:er:

jeez... why are you all being so mean to the poor kid? ;)

How about this idea? For the prices, you can't touch a dedicated video camera that can give you the quality that a Canon DSLR with video can (Nikon shoots too, but they're limited to 720p where Canon can shoot up to 1080p).

Find me a dedicated HD video camera that can shoot at 1080p, has the option to use detachable lenses, can achieve the DOF that a DSLR shooting video can, can shoot in as dark of an environment without lighting, and can create something with the picture quality that the lenses allow.

You can't. Chase Jarvis shot a video with a 1D MKIV using nothing but ambient street light and it was as clear as day. That's not something you can do with a dedicated video camera that has a small sensor.

There's compromises of course, but you'd want a separate audio solution for a camcorder anyways. Using something like a Zoom H4n or Tascam recorded will let you record amazing audio to go with your video and still won't break the budget.

If it was so good of an idea to buy a still camera for still photography and a video camera for recording, then why are there a lot of people who are primarily film makers buying DSLRs for video? There's got to be some reason and I can assure you, it's not because their dedicate video cameras can do it better.

Also, Canon makes lenses with Image Stabilization which can help, but with video can can sometimes cause jerky movements. Buying a camera rig and using traditional stabilization like tripods, etc... is the way to go, imo.

MAYBE HE USES THIS CAMCORDER. ITS IN HIS PICTURES. NEVER KNOW.
I PUT POWER IN EVERY LETTER I MENTION. :lmao::lmao:

l_638509672834059f57a7138ac5d52923.jpg

Most reactions

Back