What camera would you suggest as an upgrade to a PENTAX K-x ?

VonZigmas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've had that one for a few years, but only after a while of having it, I started to get into photography. That's why I still feel like I should get better with the current one first. But lately I've been feeling like I'll need an upgrade eventually, so what would you suggest? Should I look for a Nikon, Canon, Sony or just stay with Pentax? I like the Pentax idea, since I know the interface, so the switch would be rather easy, but it's not like it will take forever to learn how to use a different one. And the other brands seem to offer a bit more too.
So anyway, back to the question for which I created this account- what do you, guys, suggest?

Hi VonZigmas - I think people are having a hard time answering your question because they don't know what kind of pictures you take or what your budget is.

If you want a metal-bodied, weathersealed APS-C still camera below 1000€ - your only choice is the 550€ Pentax K-30. It is compatible with your current lenses and the ergonomics will be familiar.

If your budget is above 1000€, the best crop sensor metal-bodied still camera on the market is the 1179€ (with 18-105 lens) Nikon D7100 - but it means learning a new camera and investment in a whole new system.

This is the best I can do without a better understanding of your budget and what kind of pictures you take (landscapes? weddings? sports? outdoor adventure? family pictures? video?)

Hope this is helpful and good luck with your decision,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm not sure about the budget, since I could buy the Nikon, but I'm not sure if I'm up for paying the money for a camera. But then again, would I really feel that the K-30 is an upgrade?

Anyway I mainly do macro stuff. And then a little of everything. So 24Mp does seem useful.

Most reactions

Back