what cameras do you have?

Its not all about covering the same spectrum or focal length. Every lens has a purpose. Prime lenses are almost always better then zooms. They are typically quicker and sharper. The 60mm and 105mm micro lenses are true macro 1:1 lenses, good luck finding a zoom to do 1:1. And the 35mm, 50mm, and 85mm have much wider apetures then my 35-70mm or the 18-70mm. These are perfect for portrait work or low light.

As for the 70-300mm and the 80-200mm, even though they cover similar focal lengths these lenses are way different. The 80-200mm is a big lens that needs a tripod or monopod and costs nearly a grand, but is very sharp. The 70-300mm is much cheaper and easier to handle but isn't as sharp. I like to use this one when its incovient to carry the big lens or impractable, but I still need the extra focal length.

Even though the 70-300mm covers this focal length, the 300mm f/4 is a pro lens and is much sharper.

Many photographers just want of put one lens on their camera and never take it off. I do not have this problem. I feel that if I'm going to have a camera with interchangable lenses then I'm going to change lenses when needed.

K

kfoster said:
Its not all about covering the same spectrum or focal length. Every lens has a purpose. Prime lenses are almost always better then zooms. They are typically quicker and sharper. The 60mm and 105mm micro lenses are true macro 1:1 lenses, good luck finding a zoom to do 1:1. And the 35mm, 50mm, and 85mm have much wider apetures then my 35-70mm or the 18-70mm. These are perfect for portrait work or low light.

As for the 70-300mm and the 80-200mm, even though they cover similar focal lengths these lenses are way different. The 80-200mm is a big lens that needs a tripod or monopod and costs nearly a grand, but is very sharp. The 70-300mm is much cheaper and easier to handle but isn't as sharp. I like to use this one when its incovient to carry the big lens or impractable, but I still need the extra focal length.

Even though the 70-300mm covers this focal length, the 300mm f/4 is a pro lens and is much sharper.

Many photographers just want of put one lens on their camera and never take it off. I do not have this problem. I feel that if I'm going to have a camera with interchangable lenses then I'm going to change lenses when needed.

K

This is very useful information since I am looking into other lenses. + rep for you!

I primarily use my Digital Rebel w/18-55mm & 28-105mm lenses.
I also have a Minolta X-700 that I just recently acquired which I'll be using strictly to perfect my black & white photography. I'm going colored-filter-crazy after lately having found a huge interest in hi-contrast outdoor black & white converting with my digital color images.

From the smallest to the largest:

Film Cameras:

Gold HIT with red leatherette
Steky II
Minox B, flash attachment, case
Canon Elph
Canon AE1, 28mm, 28-80, 70-300 (all Canon), 35-70 and 28-80 Sigma, 300mm FL mount by Tokina.
Kodak Retina Reflex III, 28mm, 50mm and 90mm
Pentax PZ-20 and PZ-10, 24mm, 75-300 APO and 75-300 Sigma, 28-80 Pentax
Pentax ME (it's for sale, check the 'For Sale' thread)
Leica IIIf Red Dial, Leica IIIc, 50/2 Summitar, 135/4.5 Hektor, 35/2.5 Skopar (Voigtlander lens for 39mm Leica thread mount)
Canon IIS, 50/1.8 and 135/3.5 Canon
Canon IVSB, 50/1.8 Serenar
Aires Viscount
Zorkii 4, special ed. ("50 Years Of Soviet Power" stamp on top)
Seagull (Chinese RF, great Leica copy lens, very sharp)
Voigtlander Vitomatic II
Zeiss Contax III Kriegsmarine
Olympus XA/A11 flash
Koni Omega 100, Koni Omega 200, 58mm, 90mm Omega
Zeiss Super Ikonta A1 531/16 (6x4.5)
Hasselblad 500 ELM, Hasselblad 500CM, 50mm Distagon, 80mm Planar, 250mm Sonnar
Speed Graphic 4x5, various lenses
Seneca 8x10 field camera, 19' Goerz Apochromatic Artar

Digital Camera:

Olympus Camedia C-4000Z

Lots. Never catalogued them or counted them. I just buy cameras that I like the look of.
I'll think about getting a list together.

thanks all! i asked about it becauuse i`m looking for something interesting camera :)

I forgot to add to my list a Stereo Realist 35mm. My dad bought it back in the late 40's or early 50's I believe. Kind of cool but a pain in the butt to mount the pictures to view. Neat effect though.

Hey

I've got a Sony 828, a Nikon 885, a Canon 10D with a 200mm L, a Sigma 20mm wide, and a 50mm 1.8, a Canon Rebel (film), a Canon AE1 Program, and a Minolta X700. Whew! My main camera is the 828.

~Damon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back