What can I do better

Oliveus8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello folks this is my first time posting and I would like to know what you think I could do better with my photos. Thanks
20151204-NE5Z0104.jpg

Oliver, I suggest you post larger photos (this is too small to be seen well)
A larger image, say 800 high by a max of 1000 wide gives a lot more to look at.

And allow editing.
Oftentimes a simple demonstration works out much better than a bunch of words.

enalrge.jpg

Last edited:
Okay not sure on how to do that I will go back into Lr and try again. Thanks

I like that last one you posted better than the first one. To me the grey skies compliment the look more than the blue skies. jmho

I would recommend less contrast, less saturation, and more exposure. Oh, and clean your sensor.

You should have used the original crop. The second crop is not the same because you cut off too much of the sky. The sky is my favorite part. #1 is too saturated for my taste, so perhaps dial it back some.

Okay not sure on how to do that I will go back into Lr and try again. Thanks
Check your export settings. Look for a place where it gives you options for size based on pixel count. Do not crop the shot and do not compress it. Just size it to fit within a 1000 pixel size.

O.K., that one measures 800 pixels wide by 533 pixels high. You can still go a little bigger.

O.K., that one measures 800 pixels wide by 533 pixels high. You can still go a little bigger.
I changed the wide to 800 but I do not see where I can change the pixels high in Lr. Thanks for your reply Nick

I changed the wide to 800 but I do not see where I can change the pixels high in Lr. Thanks for your reply Nick
No need to try to adjust the height in this case. The height will be automatically adjusted based on the original proportions. If you make the width 1000 pixels, the height will adjust to whatever it is supposed to be.

Usually this site "likes" images to be no larger than 1000 pixels on the longest side, so that holds true for vertical format as well, no taller than 1000 pixels high, letting the width find its own dimension.

Most reactions

Back