what can I do to fix this?

magicmonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The building looks all tilted, I had the camera perfectly paralell to the ground as was hoping for a wide angle lense ish effect but it just looks wonky, any suggestions?

normal_Ineedawideanglelens.jpg

there are filters in photoshop CS2 to fix things like this

do you have CS2?

yeah, I've got CS2 but I haven't really used it that much to be honest. I play around with the white balance, transfer to JPEG for the web and then leave it at that usualy...

What filters should I be using and where should I be looking?

Also if there a way of doing this when taking the shot as I try to do as little post production work as I can!

You need to rotate it to the right about 0.8 degrees. You can tell it's not straight by looking at the vertical guttering pipes.

I'd then add the photo filter - cooling (80)

I agree with Daniel. I'd also add that there's a bit of barrel distortion by the looks of it on the top left hand side of the building, this could be corrected using perspective in PS. Let me know if you want me to edit your picture and demonstrate.

Rob

I am going to disagree with rotating image. Because rotating to fix the tower will cause the same problem in other parts of the image.
Look at the vertical lines in the center of the frame. They are almost straight.

The build looks as if it is fall backwards this cause by tilting the camera up to get the top of building in the frame. You will need to fix this in PS with a filter. If you can re-shoot move backwards so you do not need to tilt camera as much and them crop as you like

I guess I'll beat Rob to the punch. :p

normal_Ineedawideanglelens-mod.jpg

I also shrunk it so it would fit on the page better. Use the crop tool and then make sure the "perspective" box is checked. You can then move the corners individually. In this case, I left the bottom ones alone and moved the top ones in so that the crop lines lined up with lines in the image.

Good job marc....thats what i would have done too. Nice shot BTW :thumbup:

Thanks guys, I've had a go through PS myself and it looks 100 times better already! One day I'll learn how to use photoshop properly...

You can fix it by taking architecture shots with an 8x10

Most reactions

Back