what can I do to improve?

layedout72

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now, these are just "auto focus" pictures, but what can I do tuning wise to make them better? I have a Sony DSC H2 camera, and it SAYS you can adjust shutter speed and aperature, but I have yet to find out how. If anyone knows or maybe can help on that, it would be great. Either way, here are the pictures. I personally thing they came out average as I am sure they could be better, but they don't look terrible IMO.

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

I have a Sony DSC H2 camera, and it SAYS you can adjust shutter speed and aperature, but I have yet to find out how
I'm certain it's in the manual ;)

I suggest starting with a book about exposure. Changing the settings won't help you much if you don't know what they do and why you would change them. Look for 'Understanding Exposure'

I don't have the manual with me :( It is actually my aunts camera. I believe I figured it out though. Will look for some material on exposure and how settings effect it.

Usually on digital cameras there are settings that are on the spinning dial. The settings should be marked with letters. On mine it's 'S' for shutter priority and 'A' for aperture priority. There's also a setting to set both the aperture and shutter speed manually. Try playing around with your camera dial. I looked at a picture of your camera on google. It has 'A' and 'S' and 'M'. Those should be the aperture, shutter, and manual settings.

They look not to bad.
Maybe the second one is a little overexposed with the white.
Well done

How bout laying down in the grass, get down to their level.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back