What can I do with my Photos?

Put them on wiki commons

I think it's a decent question. Art is not created in a vacuum, unless you are van Gogh, Emily Dickinson, or Kafka.

Most people are not van Gogh, Dickinson, or Kafka, and most people get bored with an art that has no audience. Maybe posting online is not a satisfactory audience for you. There is a wider audience for photography than just the internet, but it's still not a very lucrative one. You can show in galleries, for example. Art shows. You can enter contests and calls. You can submit to magazines. You can build a portfolio and do freelance work. There's also stock photography. It has already been mentioned that photography is a tough gig to "make a living." But you can earn a little on the side by doing weddings, portraits, or events. You can try hitting up a local newspaper and pitching them an assignment. Making money in photography is a lot of hustle. You have to be motivated and persistent. I suppose the main thing to ask yourself is: Do you really want to make money or are you just unsatisfied with your audience?

Sorry but you sound a little out of touch with the realities of photography these days, especially with the "earn a little money doing weddings, portraits, or events" The Op is already bored with his camera, do you really believe that he/she has the skills to attempt weddings, portraits or events? Submitting to magazines or newspapers also requires having the abilities and drive to do this kind of work. I don't think the audience is the problem...I'm bored.

I think it's a decent question. Art is not created in a vacuum, unless you are van Gogh, Emily Dickinson, or Kafka.

Most people are not van Gogh, Dickinson, or Kafka, and most people get bored with an art that has no audience. Maybe posting online is not a satisfactory audience for you. There is a wider audience for photography than just the internet, but it's still not a very lucrative one. You can show in galleries, for example. Art shows. You can enter contests and calls. You can submit to magazines. You can build a portfolio and do freelance work. There's also stock photography. It has already been mentioned that photography is a tough gig to "make a living." But you can earn a little on the side by doing weddings, portraits, or events. You can try hitting up a local newspaper and pitching them an assignment. Making money in photography is a lot of hustle. You have to be motivated and persistent. I suppose the main thing to ask yourself is: Do you really want to make money or are you just unsatisfied with your audience?

Sorry but you sound a little out of touch with the realities of photography these days, especially with the "earn a little money doing weddings, portraits, or events" The Op is already bored with his camera, do you really believe that he/she has the skills to attempt weddings, portraits or events? Submitting to magazines or newspapers also requires having the abilities and drive to do this kind of work. I don't think the audience is the problem...I'm bored.

Would make for an interesting wedding album though. "Why isn't there a shot of you two at the alter?" "Oh, the photographer got bored and wandered off"... lol

Just buy a Hasselblad H5D and you'll be drowning in money and fame. Since I've bought my Hassie I've had at least 4,000 people ask me to do studio sessions for them and about 250,000 people looking for prints of my existing work. It's guaranteed to make you more attractive and increase your stamina in the bedroom too.

:lol:

This is what the OP wrote:

Hi I bought my first dslr camera and I like taking pictures and all but i'm wondering what can I do with the photos I take? Can i sell them? I'm not sure its kinda getting boring.

Nowhere does the OP mention being "bored with his camera." Op says in the beginning that they like taking pictures but they are not sure what to do with them. Then OP asks what they can do with the photos. The "getting boring" comes after asking if they can sell the photos. The contradiction is that they "like taking photos" but "its getting kinda boring." Based on that contradiction, I suspected perhaps the person was not bored with taking pictures, but had no ideas of what to do with them. I suggested some things they could do with their photos. As far as having the skill to do those things, well I have no idea--and neither do you--the OP has not posted any images.

Enthusiasm, dedication, and motivation can come from more than just being obsessed with ones camera. Sure, there are photographers who just love their cameras, love technology, the technical aspects of photography inspire them. There are other photographers who don't care much about the camera, but are inspired by ideas or concepts. And there are also photographers who like to "show"--they are inspired by audience, by people looking at the results.

Most reactions

Back