What clamps are these?

Jeffrsx231

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I trying to reconfigure my rig suction cups and I believe these are the same suction cups as in the photo below:

I've looked forever does anyone know what/where to get the black clamps that go from the bar on the suction cup to the pole?

Suction cup:
http://www.adorama.com/AEF1000.html?search...p&item_no=1

Reference photo:

5asdfASDfasd.jpg

Thanks!

Off topic, but what the hell is going on in this photo? The car cant be moving since the camera strap is just hanging there. So why not just have someguy take the shot?

Ok thanks! So the super clamp will just connect to the pole thing coming out of the suction cup?

JimmyO- It's a rig shot he is going to take. Here is one of my personal ones I have taken of my RSX:

2082452631_7d0cca740c_b.jpg

that's an incredible picture.

Whatabouts does a rig like that end up costing? (the camera mount assembly, not the car)

Thanks!

The only rigs I have seen forsale are from automotiverigs.com but they are really expensive.

I built mine and it's on its 6th version so far but it's been a fun process of trial and error. It's built almost the same as the one in the first picture I posted except with crapier suction cups.

Oh and does that super clamp connect right to the rod coming out of the suction cup? So that's all I would need you think?

Thanks!

can you post a close-up of the suction cups? It's hard to tell what all's involved.

Great second shot.

I'd get a couple more guys in the back to get any good motion blur. :lol:

" Oh and does that super clamp connect right to the rod coming out of the suction cup?"

Yes, a Manfrotto Superclamp fits right onto a 5/8" spigot, which is what the suction cups have.

That's a Manfrotto Magic Arm holding the camera, also attached to a Superclamp via the 5/8" spigot on the Magic Arm. I prefer the similar Friction Arm to the Magic Arm.

Best,
Helen

" Oh and does that super clamp connect right to the rod coming out of the suction cup?"

Yes, a Manfrotto Superclamp fits right onto a 5/8" spigot, which is what the suction cups have.

That's a Manfrotto Magic Arm holding the camera, also attached to a Superclamp via the 5/8" spigot on the Magic Arm. I prefer the similar Friction Arm to the Magic Arm.

Best,
Helen

Thank you!! Now to order up my new stuff :cool:

Oh and just to clarify the first "reference photo" isn't mine, but the second one of the rsx is. I'm just trying to duplicate what the 1st one does with their suction cups.

The Friction Arm and Magic Arm are available on their own and as various kits.

Super Clamp, showing the socket that will accept the 5/8" spigot
D0010_a050d8b305c2267e638b1374a4eb66d2_L.jpg

The full Magic Arm kit, with simple camera platform
D0010_f9b33d813e70dc75e15f215bb0030f37_L.jpg

Friction Arm on its own
D0010_cdb6626fa3ffeb3c81667663a3c0e8d3_L.jpg

The Friction Arm tightens all three knuckles (middle and ends) with the big wheel. The Magic Arm does the same with a flip of the locking lever, but I find it easier to position the Friction Arm precisely, especially when it is in an awkward position. That probably won't apply to a car rig, and the Magic Arm is less prone to slackening off because of vibration.

The Avenger pump cup looks like a Matthews cup with a swivel, at a lower cost than the Matthews. Here's the Avenger:
D0010_a200fa1e6063ac47b03928c41b287550_main.jpg

Good luck,
Helen

Wow, that pic of your RSX is sweet!! Nice job on it!

Be sure to post more pics once you have your new rig set up!

The Friction Arm and Magic Arm are available on their own and as various kits.

Super Clamp, showing the socket that will accept the 5/8" spigot
D0010_a050d8b305c2267e638b1374a4eb66d2_L.jpg

Do you know, what is that triangular piece with that smaller knob coming through it? (bottom right of this clamp picture). On my clamps, that piece keeps falling off, and I don't know what to use it for anyway! What's it do?

Yes, they are easily lost. As far as I know they are for filling in the vee in the jaw, so that you can grip flat surfaces and small bars or rods better than you could with the vee.

Best,
Helen

Yes, they are easily lost. As far as I know they are for filling in the vee in the jaw, so that you can grip flat surfaces and small bars or rods better than you could with the vee.

Best,
Helen

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back