What classic camera would you like to see "digital"

Speaking of a Speed Graphic being digitized...seems like a digital sensor housed in something very sturdy, like a Polaroid 545 type metal film holder would allow many 4x5 cameras to de "digitalized". That large end on the 545 film holder could probably accept a good-sized lithium ion battery.

The Mamiya C330f twin-lens reflex would be another neat camera as a digital. I could also really go for something more-modern yet inexpensive, like say a Voigtlander Bessa R-series type of digital rangefinder, with a Leica M-mount. Sort of Leica-like, a small rangefinder type body with basic features, but without the $7,999 price tag.

Am I wrong to think a digital TLR would be awesome? Unless they already make one.

Speaking of a Speed Graphic being digitized...seems like a digital sensor housed in something very sturdy, like a Polaroid 545 type metal film holder would allow many 4x5 cameras to de "digitalized". That large end on the 545 film holder could probably accept a good-sized lithium ion battery.

The Mamiya C330f twin-lens reflex would be another neat camera as a digital. I could also really go for something more-modern yet inexpensive, like say a Voigtlander Bessa R-series type of digital rangefinder, with a Leica M-mount. Sort of Leica-like, a small rangefinder type body with basic features, but without the $7,999 price tag.
True, so true. But there is just something old time sexy about the Speed Graphic especially with the edition of a digital sensor.
Speed Graphic.jpg

As Frank or Dean-o would have said......Vavavoom!

I keep thinking Sony will come out with a digital Rollei 6006 with a giant waist-level EVF and a 127-format square sensor.

I can totally see Sony doing something weird like that.

I'm surprised that Phase One hasn't come out with one.

2nd the Pentax K1000. Who knows, maybe I will make one....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2nd the Pentax K1000. Who knows, maybe I will make one....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Only if it has no LCD. Otherwise it's just a stripped down DSLR with reduced teaching value.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that Phase One hasn't come out with one.

No. They went with the Mamiya 645 body and killed off Rollei! The XF is a good looking machine, but lacks the cool factor.
The thing is from my perspective, they already have the technology. It comes down to engineering a new housing with the proper compatibility. From a market standpoint however, I have no clue whether it would be there in sufficient numbers or not.

No, and the 6006/6008 always did look a little cumbersome. I handled a 6008 once, don't really remember much about it though, aside from it looking like a blinged out brick with a lens attached.

Pentax k with a split prism viewfinder, nostalgic for me as I used my dads one when I was a kid. Still rememer shooting with it and using the lightmeter on the side when we holidayed in Africa.

I'd also love to have a roli digital with a decent sized sensor

OK you guys are freakin' me out now. Wait til I tell your mother. I mean Lenny.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back