What classic camera would you like to see "digital"

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
@limr , prepare yourself to throw up in your mouth ...

If you could have any classic camera brought from the history to be "digitalized" (as if they had just removed the film and stuck in a sensor instead) what would it be?

For me:

Canonete GIII QL. Yes, I know the G7 comes close. But it's just not a Canonete, nor FF.
Yashicamat/Roleicord - With a mushy mid-century tessar/xenotar-like lens.
FUJI GX680 - With a giant X-Trans back ... because GX680 b*tches!
Though any fuji G-series cameras would be cool.

Last edited:
Easy....

Pentax 110 super.

The Pentax Q seems to come close, if only it had an EVF. Either way, the Q looks like a REALLY cool camera. Kind of want to pick one up for funzies, you could put any sort of weirdo lens on it. IQ is pretty amazing, and they're really priced right for what they are.

Easy....

Pentax 110 super.

The Pentax Q seems to come close, if only it had an EVF. Either way, the Q looks like a REALLY cool camera. Kind of want to pick one up for funzies, you could put any sort of weirdo lens on it. IQ is pretty amazing, and they're really priced right for what they are.

the Pentax whatsit?
gonna have to look into that.

Easy....

Pentax 110 super.

the Pentax whatsit?

Deff do! They're these funky little mirrorless cameras, a little larger than a GoPro. Sell for under $100 used on ebay. Check out some image samples.

Easy....

Pentax 110 super.

the Pentax whatsit?

Deff do! They're these funky little mirrorless cameras, a little larger than a GoPro. Sell for under $100 used on ebay. Check out some image samples.

OMG!
the digitized my 110 super!

ouch on the sensor size though...
even my nikon 1 has a 1" sensor and is almost the same size camera body.

Fuji did the same basic thing with their S1 Pro and S2 Pro, but those were built on low-end, never-to-be-a-classic Nikon N60 and N80 film cameras. The bought Nikon film bodies, then "digitalized" them. I think the S3 Pro was also an N80 derivative, not sure, never owned one, but I bought the S1 Pro and S2 Pro.

Hmmm...I have a miniaturized Rolleiflex digitial....very tiny, low MP sensor (5MP?), Holga-grade optics and image quality...a conversation piece, really, but a FULL-sized Rollei TLR would be cool, especially if it had a good-size sensor in it.

Classic cameras digitialized...hmmmm...Nikon F would be cool. Body is large, full-sized, plenty of room for a decent battery in the film compartment area. Plenty of accessories and lenses for this. Pentax Spotmatic would be neat too, plenty of lenses, and a very pretty old-fashioned design appeal.

In more-modern cameras the Nikon FE-2 would be sweet, as would the Nikon FM, or the Pentax MX.

Canon AE-1. I just remember how much fun I had with it.

dang...
the pentax Q10's are cheap on ebay...
can get one with the 15-55 f/2.8-4.5 lens for under $200 shipped.
so tempted to grab one just for nostalgia's sake.

Do ya mean the Kodak Mickey-Matic110 I just got isn't digital? it takes a battery...

How about my Eagle Eye box camera by Pho Tak? no?

Well then I'm gettin' outta here before Lenny gets on and sees this thread! :onthego:

Polaroid.
But instead of pulling out a film and waiting
it would print out a photo with a builtin micro-printer which converts air into different pigmented ink for an endless supply.

I'd like to see them stop worrying about cameras in the past and look towards the future.

Mamiya 7ii

I could never master the "happy sun" setting.

9ef8140928baf6809b8f110f9bc3081e.jpg

Most reactions

Back