What did you do with Photoshop?

RainNotebook

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a question for everyone. I'm curious how you learned everything you know with Photoshop? (whatever version you may have)

I have done cd tutorials and I'm now going to take a college course about it. I know that I have so much to learn and I see how much everyone on here knows so many techniques and I'm curious how you learned? Did you teach yourself? Books? Classes? A workshop?

Thanks for sharing!

lol

I tried that but for the life of me it doesn't look as good as what everyone else comes up with! :p

hmmm I remember I was in 6th grade and my brother bought me adobe photoshop 5.0 and I was self taught on the basics by making different projects and expiramenting. Then I upgraded to 7.0 years later and joined a gfx community message board and researched different tutorial sites and improved greatly. In high school communication class we used and learned photoshop but by then I already knew what was being taught. During technical training for my degree I learned more tips and tricks around photoshop. I use photoshop every single day for the most part for my job. However I am very limited what editing I can do to my photos (only traditional darkroom effects). Though if I need to make a graphic illustration I still have that capability. But even today I am still learning new things about photoshop.

I taught myself by messing around, hunted down online tutorials, watched a few videos online, and bought one book, after much research; Adobe Photoshop CS3 for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby.

For creating banners and such from scratch, I just figured out what I wanted, then messed about in Photoshop until I got it.

I started playing with it in school and taught myself. Then I took a college course on 3D modelling etc, and found the tutors and class asking me how to do stuff :s

Seven years or so later, and I still count myself as a novice with plenty to learn.

Photoshop is vast.

I read tutorials and bugged people on dA for help. Fortunately noone killed me for being an annoying newbie and I've done pretty well learning and figuring out what I couldn't. I have done some of the classes and online stuff Adobe offers as well.

All I know so far is self-taught by simply playing around with that ancient PS version that I have. I tried this and tried that. Then read what people on here said about their own experiments (classes, tutorials) with PS and tried some more, but I'm still only just dipping my toes into the water, I think...

Books, tutorials, and trial and error.

98% trial and error and 2% web tutorials. I've been using PS for over twelve years and there were no tutorials on the web the first years, none that I knew of in any case.

Over ten years of "hmm, what does this do?" so far so good.

Over ten years of "hmm, what does this do?" so far so good.

Same here. My problem is that I tend to mess around and experiment so much that once a photo or graphic looks just how I want it to look I can't remember what I did to get it that way once I reach that point. :er:

A friend showed me the VERY VERY basics (how to resize and such) and from there anytime I saw a cool effect I wanted to do, I Googled it or found YouTube videos. Sometimes I randomly browse tutorial sites cause there's ALWAYS more to learn. Also, I took a few classes in photojouralism that touched on some PS techniques.

Most reactions

Back