What did you take your "most successful" shot with?

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Most of DSLR owners have more than one lens for obvious reasons. Some have more than one body. There's going to be "the better camera" or "the better lens", or simply put, favourites.

My favourite is my 50mm. I have a F1.2 AI-S and F1.4 AF-D. I always thought that my most successful photo will be taken with it, but I was wrong.

So I was in Antelope Canyon. The environment is harsh. I just went through one round with my F2.8 20mm and getting ready to go back in. For versatility sake, and the fact that it's raining sand in the canyon, I decided to put on my AF F3.5~5.6 35-70mm "crap" lens. It's the least liked lens that I have. It came with my dad's old F501 as a kit lens. It's slow, made of plastic, has dust inside it. It was a beater.
Inside the canyon, I felt I was done taking photos, and while others were still shooting, I pointed the camera upwards on my tripod and fired 9 bracketed shots, for the sake of taking a shot.

So that turned out to be the most successful photo, the only one that I made a print of.

When people see that photo, they don't ask questions like "what lens was it?" or "what's the exposure setting?" They just look at it.

I guess my point is, it's rather unexpected. Going along with the recent Linsanity on the media, where the least favorite player proved his true value during unexpected time, does it happen to you as a photographer?

BTW "the most successful" is up to how you define it.

D70s with a 18-70 kit lens :) Successful because it was the first picture that I managed to sell.

I can relate. Mine is from a canon 18-55 kit lens. One photo I took with it is used over and over on the web and for promo material. Go figure. :-/

50D and probably the 17-50 tamron I love to hate. It's my favorite shot I think. I have another one of my son that was taken with a kodak bridge on a school field trip several years ago.

Not so sure it is the most successful, but certainly one of my favorites....

Shot with a Nikon D700 and 70-200mm at 70mm.

1085072293_AnPRb-M.jpg

I've had this printed on metallic and lustre papers at 24x16 on a floating gatorboard and a thin frame and it does look spectacular if I say so myself.

kundalini said:
Not so sure it is the most successful, but certainly one of my favorites....

Shot with a Nikon D700 and 70-200mm at 70mm.

I've had this printed on metallic and lustre papers at 24x16 on a floating gatorboard and a thin frame and it does look spectacular if I say so myself.

That is a really great photo. Like... I'd buy a print of it if I had space in my house to hang it!

Most reactions

Back