What Do I See!

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw this Green searching for breakfast along the canal. When he first pulled the crayfish from the weeds, I thought it was a fishing lure, but it looks very real in the second pic. What do you think?

1 Stealth Mode
What Do I See.JPG

2 Huge Catch
Crayfish.JPG

Very nice set! It's real.

Great set i agree its real it looks to be pinching the green on the beak

Excellent shots.

Thanks guys. The reason I wasn't sure until I got home and looked at the pics here was that I never did see the heron eat the crayfish. It never squirmed or wriggled. Perhaps the heron killed it or disabled it when it caught it. It laid the crayfish on a rock and looked at it. I had taken several pics of the heron by that time and was hoping to get some kingfisher shots, so I moved on down the canal. That crayfish was huge!

Very nice set! It's real.

Great set i agree its real it looks to be pinching the green on the beak

Excellent shots.

Thanks guys. The reason I wasn't sure until I got home and looked at the pics here was that I never did see the heron eat the crayfish. It never squirmed or wriggled. Perhaps the heron killed it or disabled it when it caught it. It laid the crayfish on a rock and looked at it. I had taken several pics of the heron by that time and was hoping to get some kingfisher shots, so I moved on down the canal. That crayfish was huge!
The reason it did not eat it is that i dont think herons eat crayfish as they eat live fish and if they ate a live crayfish it would pinch there throats but on a second look at it i am not sure if it is real or not

Again nice shots i can see that it was moving its pinchers around trying to get the green so im going with real again

Most reactions

New Topics

Back