What do yall think and whats wrong with my photo???

Stuie789

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can you please help me with this photo. It's one of my best photos. I have photoshop so I can use that to fix it and jazz it up. But I need your input and your advice. Thanks so much yall. -Robert

1545730090_l.jpg

You should do some reading up on composition. You have a few common compositional "mistakes" if you will. The horizon is centered, and the sun is dead center in the frame. A simple thing to do is divide the frame into thirds horizontally and vertically, and place important objects, like the horizon, or the sun, on one of these 3rds intersections. The exposure is nice. In photoshop, I would look at some different crops.

Matt has said it all. It really is amazing the difference the "rule of thirds" makes to the composition of an image. When learning this is the first rule to learn I think - although not every image has to be like that.

I really appriciate your advice. Thanks yall. I will deff. work on the compisition.

Rule of thirds would help yes but I almost like the symmetry of this. Rules can be broken when you have a good reason ;) As far as post processing goes, I would bump the contrast and saturation, PERSONALLY. Play in curves! And I would do a defog.

Most reactions

Back