What do you bring with you?

nikon90s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you bring with you when you go out for a day of shooting?

I now take to much stuff with me,
today I took over 15 roles of film
2 :camera: 35mm and a digital camera
6 lenses and so on....

Now I did not use 1/2 of it but I had it :roll: and only 2 roles of film :LOL:

hojamohoho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for taking as much as i can carry...

I take it even it there is only the slightest chance i'll use it.

Just recently i went into the city to take shots and only took 1 film my EOS10 and a tripod. I was regretting it as i missed heaps of oppourtunities and when i went back the next day the wind had picked up and i couldn't get the shots...

oh well...

I guess i kinda follow the boy scouts moto - "Be prepared"

I'm starting to prioritise now, but i still like to be prepared (but me shoulders hurt afterwards)

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
15 rolls of film??
wow nikon, where are u living that you see that much stuff? lol

i generally take my EOS, 2 or 3 rolls and my digital
my tripod stays in my car.

luckydog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cracked-lenz.smugmug.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
You film users are just so silly! All that excess baggage, Sheesh!

For a day out i travel with my Digital (no 35 mm film jobby for me), 3 x XD 64MB memory cards, 4 spare NiMH AA batteries, 1 x tripod, 1 x mini tripod.

For more than one day add 1 x laptop computer, 1 x USB cable, 1 x battery recharger and car adapter.

See, there's no need to carry all those rolls of film! :lol:

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i usually take my digital cam on my neckstrap with the power on and ready to go :D .. wide angle lens (usually mounted on, i prefer wide) , 3 memory cards, and 4 spare batteries ... i never carry a tripod or rarely use it (although we have 3), its too restricting for me :? ...

doxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.markushartel.com
depends on my mood - usually I don't like to haul lots of stuff around... So most of the time my cam with one lens (also depending on my mood :roll: ) a pol filter, sometimes a spare battery and a 2nd memory card... that's it. tripod mostlikely for nightshots only...

voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I most always bring a tripod. Unless I know there is going to be plenty of light. I'm only steady enough to hand hold 1/30 shutter speeds with 50mm and less...

dlc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
It depends. If I think a 50mm lens is all I need and want to travel light, my x370, 50mm and a roll or two for street stuff is all I take. Most people don't realize how versitale a 50mm is. Before zooms, that's all most people had.

voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love just shooting with my 50mm lens. When I started it was all about my zoom and 28mm... Then I discovered how sharp and fast my 50mm lens was and it is my favorite (that and the 100mm macro)

Bob_McBob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, here's my gear, I usually put this in a Lowepro Nova 3 bag:

Canon A-1
FD 24mm f/2.8
FD 50mm f/1.8
FD 100mm f/2.8
Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f/2.8-4
Canon Speedlite 199A
Various filters and other crap
Several rolls of film (HP5 Plus and FP4 Plus)

Personally I'd rather use a 35mm lens than a 50mm lens, it's a better focal length for doing street photography IMO. I haven't had a chance to pick one up yet. I'm also after a Canonet rangefinder at the moment, I'd love to just go out with one little camera sometimes ;).

nukie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
iced.vanillashots.com
I think I speak for all the digital people, when I say that you non-digital'ers are funny! Carting around all those lenses and and rolls of film. Funny Funny Funny (but we won't get this thread side tracked about that will we now :) )

For me, I'll take my Canon G5, the battery (hopefully obviously), and a 512meg CF Card. Lowepro "something" bag holds it all. and yeah, there you go.

M

MDowdey

usually its a bag of dorito's and a capri sun.

my nikon
my digital
2 lenses
2 filters
5 rolls of film
tripod

md

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
If I have a specific project or job to do then I'll take the appropriate equipment, and maybe some back up stuff. I always take too much film and batteries, because I figure it's easy to carry compared to running to the film store in the middle of the shoot.

When I'm out wandering around town or at a family get together or party I usually take one camera, my light meter, and plenty of film. I try to go light.

When I'm out driving around looking for photos I'm usually hauling my landscape rig. This consists of:
Speed Graphic camera
150/265mm lens
90mm lens
dark cloth
6 film holders (2 shots each)
1 Grafmatic film holder (6 shots)
light meter
filter wallet, lens hoods, cable release, etc...

All of this barely fits into a backpack; add a tripod to knock it up to 35 - 40 lbs, and photography isn't just a hobby, it's a workout.

In addition to the landscape rig, I will usually have several other cameras in the car just in case.... One with color film (I usually shoot BW), and something for shooting handheld when I don't want to set up the Speed Graphic.

I usually haul a lot more stuff than I really use, but sometimes it pays off. I have driven all day to a location that fires me up more than normal, and I end up shooting all the film I have. You never know, might as well be prepared.

Most reactions

ClickASnap

New Topics