What do you carry every day

tomorrow I will try to get a pick of what I carry.

It's from Secure Computing. I actually have about 4 tokens but only 1 contact is currently actively having me log in remotely. Some of my contracts are kinda on a pay as they need me basis due to budget cuts. Thank god I have a regular full time job as well. Apple stores are the best hot spots.... I have one in almost every mall in the area. The performance of the connection is always very fast.

Ever heard of RSA Security? My wife works for them. They've been bought by EMC, so now it's RSA-The Security Division of EMC..

Anyway, she is in charge of reconciling the accounts for the Pentagon, Toyota, Wal-Mart, Department of Homeland Security, etc., and as a result has to carry three tokens for her various accounts..

Picture027.jpg

For people who don't know what these are-they are little key fabs you carry on your keychain, and they display a multi-digit code that is your email password for, in the case of RSA, that minute.. These are synced with their computers back at RSA, and that's what the contracts are for-just keeping the servers up to date and associated with the key fabs..

Sorry for the hijack-I was just excited to see someone that used the same technology, as I don't run into it often..

Yup... pretty much the same here. One of my other client's tokens assigned to me is an RSA token very similar to the ones you pictured. The secure computing token operates in the same manner except that the key pin is sync'd not only to the minute but also to a 4 digit pass key that I have to punch in.

There is soooo much consolidation going on in my field of work, it is difficult to figure who purchased who. EMC is a good company to work for..... My primary job has dozens and dozens of storage frames from EMC (along with Hitachi).

We have those too (at work), but I don't use them. They don't pay me when I'm at home, so I don't do anything work related at home.

If they want me to access the computers from home, they're going to pay me for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back