What do you do for a living?

I'm an in-home pet sitter, insured/bonded, independent contractor. The employer I currently work for has been nothing but amazing. For those unfamiliar with the job title, here's a bit of help.

While you're at work during the day or away on vacation, and unable to care for your furkids, we're there to save the day. To reduce stress on your animals, we visit your home and stay as close to your normal schedule as possible. This includes feeding, walking, play routine, and any quirky things that you do for your furkids. For example, if you turn on Animal Planet every morning before you go to work and turn it off when you arrive home? Then we will turn on Animal Planet when we visit in the morning and turn it off when we visit in the evening.
Have a vacation coming up? Afraid your friend/neighborhood/children may forget to do something or otherwise busy? This is when our 'overnight visit' is perfect. We will stay at your home overnight for a consecutive 12 hour stay, normally between the hours of 8pm to 8am. Visit during the day depend on the type of pets, but for most dog visits, there would be 3 visits during the day. We prefer the animal never go more than 6 hours alone, and never more than 12 hours seen overnight.

I essentially get to play and take care of animals all day. I love it, truly.

I'm a stay at home homeschooling mother of three. If that's not enough I'm also the special assistant to the president of an international communications company. (Skype is my friend.) and then in the summer I add wedding photography to the mix.

I used to be a waitress 20 hours a week too but my wrist gave out. I honestly don't know how I fit it in!

I'm a line monkey..... In other words I work on a production line building 450-500 shiny new nissans a shift. Not a fun job but pays well enough ,its secure with some nice Little benefits, and I work with some great lads..been doing it for 12 years. During time off I'm a trucker.

Most reactions

Back