What do you do for a living?

Retired. Last position: director of quality assurance at a medical device firm. Take photos only for my own walls.

u all have some interesting jobs... im just a CATV Technician for Time Warner :)

I'm a full-time graduate student, but I wish that I could be a full-time photographer. I was lucky enough to meet with Richard Reinsdorf once -- what a great life he has (eg, "[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ejTnsjpVgc"]Richard Reinsdorf on Location[/ame]"). Maybe one day I'll have the creative eye. In the meantime, I'm enjoying school and working on my photography. It's a fun hobby (even if it's somewhat expensive).

Full-time school teacher. Grade 6. 12 year-olds going on 35.

Rusty Tripod

I'm a professional leech.

I'm a Disabled Veteran going to school to learn a new trade (not much call for machine gunners in the private sector - much less broken ones). Between my pension and what the VA pays me for school, my bills are covered and I can go to school full time and not work.

God willing, I will be a prophotog on short order.

I'm a supervisor working overnights at the local Kohls store. Also I do freelance writing (motorsports reporting) and some PR work and web sites for minor-league NASCAR teams.

I don't go "pro" because I enjoy photography too much for it to become work. That already happened once, don't need it to happen again.

Operations Manager for a Medical device manufacture.

Do little side photo jobs now and then, but mostly for my walls at work.

Middle and High School Photography/Journalism teacher. Put myself through college and first few years of teaching by working part-time for newspapers as a local sports reporter/photographer and I've done a few weddings/reunions. Occasionally these days I pick up the odd side job here and there, mostly parents who own businesses and need some photos for their websites or whatever, but they don't want to hire a real photographer :p

I sell oilfield drilling equipment for a manufactuer.

I'm a Civil Engineering Technician for the local council.

Not sure about making a lving from photography unless it was from posters and stock. If it was from weddings and commissions I think the passion and enjoyment would go.

I had thought I answered this one before but I'm ABOUT to start a job coordinating logistics for a company that makes wind turbines. We put up wind farms all over the US, Mex and Can and I choose which vendors supply which sites in order to try to cut shipping costs.

The REAL reason I took the job is hoping to get some kickass shots of wind farms when I start doing site visits. :)

This is also the reason I've been posting like mad lately... 2 week-itis but that ends this Friday.

Life insurance underwriter. I have owned a portrait/wedding business on the side for 4 years, had a great year last year but we are relocating and I'm not sure that I will re-open. If I do it will probably be portraits only, not the weddings, I didn't like being away from my kids on the weekends. I find that photography is a nice balance to the analytical side of my "real" job.

In theory I am a student at a college of the University of London, which as everybody knows was established for people who are far too clever for Oxford or Cambridge. I say 'in theory' because to call myself a student would suggest that I actually spend any time studying.

When I'm not busy not studying, I pump gas. Actually this being Britain, you pump the fuel and I just stand behind a counter and take (ever-increasing amounts of) your money. Unfortunately my co-conspirators in OPEC, the oil companies and government are not raising my wages accordingly, so this doesn't cover the cost of my addiction to shiny Japanese things. I am currently trying to work out which area of organised crime will get me one of these.

Spent 13 yrs with the U.S. ARMY doing EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal). Decided in 1996 after an incident that it was time to hang up my crimping tool and try other avenues. Tried many different things since then but all the time still have the passion behind the lense. I have been a Regional manager for a Int'l IC wholeseller for North/Central and South America's OEM base customers for the past 5 yrs. I love to photograph events and just started the adventure of portrait photography. Going pro? I dont think it could support my bad habits....lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back