what do you do when the first dance is in complete darkness

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Since you thought ahead of the possibility
(you are outdoors on an improvised dance floor with no direct lights
You already hours ago had stuck an SB-24 set on F8 and 1/4 power on a 15 foot strobe stand and left it on and ready with the Skyport attached

Then you calmly pulled out the transceiver, slipped it on the hot-shoe, focused (somehow); and were able to control the ratio with iso and aperture on the camera.

Those things are invaluable in a pinch.....I got other shots from the other side too, but this is the look I saw in my head first so, went for it first.

---Gotta think ahead with weddings, or else your dead in a pinch....

IMG_0460-B05-13-2008.jpg

WOW
I wish understood half of what you said but this is truly a great shot! I love it. Amazing. Soooo cool. I am always thinking ahead of what to do and how to do it yet I rarely come up with an exact recipe as you have. I can't wait until I reach the point where I can envision exactly what I want and then know exactly how to get it as you have demonstrated here.

perfect
great job!

thanks guys !!

i appreciate it !

i guess all the hours out at night helped me on this one... lol:lol:
im totally in my element in total darkness..

thanks again !

I focused on the inidcator lights on the DJ booth equipment which was further away then they were, just off to the side... Since I was shooting stopped down I knew everything would be in focus. Sometimes you can focus on light reflecting off their shoes too. But it was tough...

If I did this darkness a lot I would bring a laser pointer, all you need is to focus once and dont move for a while.

Great shot given what you've got to work with. But for christ's sake can you embellish a little on the "dance floor" ? That wood paneling looks really trashy.

Great shot given what you've got to work with. But for christ's sake can you embellish a little on the "dance floor" ? That wood paneling looks really trashy.

Lol,

Do you mean embellish, or Elaborate !!
I thought I allready did embellish it... hahaha

Most reactions

Back