What do you do with your kids on summer vacation?

What do you do with your kids on summer vacation?

• Send them to day camp

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Send them to overnight camp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Send them to Gramma 'n Grampa

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Keep them home

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Raizels

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I put them in day camp after a period of indecision - mainly because of the expense, but also because I feel like they won't get a "real" vacation. And, as always, there's the guilt of having other people care for your kids...

I have to say, I'm so glad I decided on day camp! Everyday when I pick them up they jump around telling me their adventures. They go on trips, make new friends, just like an episode of sesame street :) Best decision as far as I'm concerned. Then off to grandparents for a week. They only have one month of vacation (private school) and only one week w/o specific plans. I'll have to think up trips and activities.

Have a good summer, everyone!

For my almost 4 year old and almost 9 year old:

Take them to a zoo or petting farm at least once a week all year long.

Take them to a park a few times a week.

I send the 9 year old to day camp 4-5 days a week (8am-5pm). The 4 year old goes to day care 3 days a week.

Once a month we travel out of state for 2-3 day weekends.

Since we live on a lake, it's like summer camp at home with boating, kayaking, swimming, playing on the beach......the kids don't complain that much.

my kids get dropped off at Grandma/Grandpa's house everyday. They get to swim all day while I head off to work. Luckily my mom is a school bus driver so she is home during the summer to watch them.

Well.....

I have 2 kids. I am a stay at home mom/student. My kids are at home with me during the summer, but we're always going here or there visiting and doing.

They are 6 years apart so it makes for a semi-difficult time finding somewhere for them to go.

My son is 1 1/2 an a wild child and my daughter is 7 1/2 and a wild child. Needless to say we keep bedtimes during the summer. Otherwise by 9pm Mommy would be a mad woman!

When my girls were younger, it was day camp then off to vacation together.
As they got older, they worked the camp. My youngest is 20 and she is now the director of summer camp...and the cycle goes on.

The older girls work and summer is not necessarily when we get to see them. They are on opposite sides of the country.

Well, mine are 21 and 17, so they go their own ways. Son's still having exam week just now, anyway, and will go on excursion with for 12 days as of next week (he reads Geology in uni). Daughter goes on day-trips by train and HOPES to finally get her driving lessons done with a test that she HOPES she'll pass (I'm having my doubts). So there are enough activities for them.

We used to go on family vacations.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back