What do you do with your pictures?

snoword

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Being new to photography I am curious as to what everyone does with their digital photos.

1) Do you print them, if so do you keep a photo album.

2) Only keep them online or on your computer.

3) Frame them for wall hanging.

Just curious because I am finding that there are a number of photos that I really like and not sure how to manage them.

I a sure some of you have unique ideas.

Thanks

I do all three....

I enjoy the process of turning the "digital negative" into a real physical display of work whether it is in a portfolio, album, or framed picture. I might be a little old fashioned but a photo doesn't seem to be a final finished work until it is in print.

At the moment I only store shots on my computer. I would love to print many of them off for an album, but I lack a decent printer as well as any calibration on my moniter (I have an LCD so I really need some calibration to deal with brightness) Once I have some calibration I will certainly start printing off shots at either a local or internet printers.
In the mean time I will keep shooting and storing the shots - possibly by the time I can calibrate and afford printing I will have some really cracking shots for wallmounting :)

I light them on fire and then pee on the ashes.

Mostly they stay on the HDD, some make it to flickr, the odd one or two get printed, from memory only 1 has made it into a frame.

-I keep them on my computer (scan negatives when I shoot film), where I can look at them with viewing software. The negatives get shelved in a binder after scanning.
-The ones I like after scanning a batch (or uploading from digital), go to flickr to share with friends.
-Sometimes I might have keepers that I like enough to make prints to put in my albums.
-If I REALLY like a photo, i'll make a bigger print and hang it on my wall.

Organize from multiple albums into a favorite 100 or so that constantly fluctates. When I come across a fav that doesn't do it for me, I go through the rest until I find one that visually displaces it from the fav album.

Scan and store mostly

I print the 35mm keepers myself for school since that's the only reason I shoot it now. I have a whole folder on my computer set aside for last minute birthday/mother's day/christmas gifts for my family also.

Sadly I haven't had a chance to work with an enlarger that I can print my Medium Format shots from by myself.

neal j page u need to light them on fire while peeing on both the positive and negative conduit while standing in water! shocking

Most stay on the computer (or much rather on many, many DVDs, an external harddrive, the second harddrive inside the computer), some get shared with you lot here, some go to flickr (where so far my albums are still private, save one), and some get printed - and hardly ever framed since framing is so costly.

Very few have found their ways into official leaflets of businesses, or have become advertising posters for performances, several hang in friends' homes as calendars (Christmas presents), some were sold (prints, rights to pics and original files staying with me), and a few will be put up as a semi-permanent exhibition in the halls of a an Old People's Residence - and the inauguration will be in 21 August.

I print them, cull them, post them on the internet for feedback, and sell the better ones on my website for charity.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back