What Do You Do...

Soul Rebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
when you feel lonely, bored, and due to being lonely and bored....there is nothing to do. You have little desire to take photos. The things that have kept you occupied before dont seem to be interesting at all.

Having to give somebody "space" really takes a toll on you. Sometimes it feels like we arent even together. And I hate saying that, which is why I havent said it to her.

:hugs: I am sure that this is the "fall depression"... take a long bath...drink coffee and take hugs from me :) :hugs:

EDIT: ok ok ... fall is in a few months...

What to do hmm...I say you find something totally new to do. Or find something that you don't normally do and try and get some fun out of it. Maybe start working out, or go for a really long walk, or cooking, etc.

Reading carefully, I get the impression that there's a lack of communication here. If this is so, and if this is a relationship you value, the first and most important problem to address is how to go about getting a meaningful discussion toward resolution started.

It's important to approach the topic without touching hot buttons or ruffling egos. Not an easy thing to do, sometimes. Especially true when one or both of the people involved still thinks 'me' instead of 'we.'

Then, too -- I might well have mis-read your post. If so, please disregard and excuse my comments.

Torus34 said:
Reading carefully, I get the impression that there's a lack of communication here. If this is so, and if this is a relationship you value, the first and most important problem to address is how to go about getting a meaningful discussion toward resolution started.

It's important to approach the topic without touching hot buttons or ruffling egos. Not an easy thing to do, sometimes. Especially true when one or both of the people involved still thinks 'me' instead of 'we.'

Then, too -- I might well have mis-read your post. If so, please disregard and excuse my comments.

or....just shoot some meth.

Well, communication isnt too bad. It could be better but its also not horrible. At least I dont think so.

She has expressed how she feels and I have expressed how I feel. She feels I am pushing and smothering her and it leads her to get annoyed and not want to be around. When I am not pushy and smothering her things are good. I can feel myself getting all crazy and wanting to be around her 24/7. Im not some crazy stalker type but sometimes I have a hard time dealing with not being around her. She is my only friend so not only do I have to give my gf space...I have to give the only friend I have here in town space. Its gotten to the point that I cant even talk to my mom about it so turning to the internet is the only place I can go.

It can be hard when one person in a relationship doesnt have someone else to talk to or hang with...especially if the other person does. Maybe you could call up some old friends or try to make some new ones.

I have made an attempt to contact old friends. One of my better "friends", who I was supposedly best friends with for 7-8 years, wont even make an effort to contact me after he says he will. The other...well, I have heard he has gotten into some pretty harsh drugs and his interest comes and goes. Other than that everybody has moved on. Or they are doing things I dont want to be around.

I am so much different than the majority in this town that my internet friends are the only ones that have given me and my interests any second thought. For the longest time I didnt tell anybody that I loved taking photos, watching sunsets, reading books, and even watching "chick flicks". I am an odd sort of guy I guess. My girlfriend said thats what she likede about me. That I was different. That I didnt conform to the average guy.

While I like being different and having different values....it really hasnt helped in keeping a good selection of friends around here.

Anyway, this is starting to sound like im feeling sorry for myself. I know what I am doing wrong and what I need to fix. I guess I just needed to vent and let somebody ready it. I am far from the days when I freaked out when we werent together. We are together. Things are just rocky right now.

Besides, I think I am going to get out and take some photos. Not sure where I am going to go. Most times I head out to get some landscape shots but I just might head downtown and take a look at the old buildings.

Why don't you try volunteering somewhere? That's a good social situation in which to make new friends, and do something to help people and make your feel good about yourself. It's a win-win-win situation. :)

Soul Rebel said:
when you feel lonely, bored, and due to being lonely and bored....there is nothing to do. You have little desire to take photos. The things that have kept you occupied before dont seem to be interesting at all.

interesting, that's exactly how i feel... i hope the rebound may yield some good results though ;)

hope you get through it

Core 17's suggestion of volunteering to helping others can be a great eye-opener. There's the old saying which goes, 'I had no shoes and complained, until I met a man who had no feet.'

Thanks for the suggestions. When my mind stops racing I just might sit down and formulate a plan.

I love this girl to death. Even as recently as 2 weeks ago (and I still do) I have thought about proposing again. Despite all the differences, arguments, etc....I still want to marry Michelle. I love her and I love both of her kids. There are things I dont like, sure, but I love her enough to look past that. Besides, there are things on both sides that we both dont like, so how could I split this up knowing that?

Last night she got pretty drunk and had a seizure. I wasnt around since she had taken off and was gone longer than she said she would. When I got to the hospital she didnt seem to want me there. When she called she did though. She was in the process of calling a friend of hers, Nick, who was just splitting up with his wife. She says he is a cool guy, and he is when I met him, and that they have become pretty good friends. I dont worry about it, honestly, but it bothered me that she didnt want me there. Her friend really tried pushing me out as well. Im not sure what her problem was. Michelle had two friends there, one of which I have had problems with in the past but we have that cleared up, and the one that I have had problems with kept telling me that Michelle wasnt trying to push me out. So im not sure whats going on. I have our youngest and she is staying at this friends house (the one that didnt want me there) and she said she would call. I have to see her sometime today though. She has to move out of her apartment and she is moving her with me in my parents house.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back