What do you guys think of

.vr6Love

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
the Sony DCS H5 or the DCS H7, cuz i realized i dont need a super good camera.. and i was lookin at future shop and these 2 cuaght my attention. Any pro's or con's? any opinions?

Sorry, I haven't used either one. Matter of fact, I don't think I've ever used a Sony camera of any kind. Do a search for consumer reports on both. Read up on them and see if one has some features the other one doesn't (that you either love or really don't need). Go back to the store and test them out and, when it comes right down to it, which is more in your price range?

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck!

Sorry, I haven't used either one. Matter of fact, I don't think I've ever used a Sony camera of any kind. Do a search for consumer reports on both. Read up on them and see if one has some features the other one doesn't (that you either love or really don't need). Go back to the store and test them out and, when it comes right down to it, which is more in your price range?

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck!

ya there both around the same price.. but thats what im gonna have to do after work 2day.. go read some reviews and crap.. thanx for the input tho

Here is a side by side

The H7 looks to be the newer version of the H5 (one year newer). From a quick review, it looks like the H7 has the advantage in most catergorys...except for the LCD screen. It says that the H5 has a bigger & better screen.

Personally, the thing I look at first is the sensor size...both of these (and 95% of digital cameras) have rather small sensors. If you are planning to spend that much on a camera, I suggest trying to increase your budget and looking at a DSLR like the Canon XTi, Nikon D40, Pentax K100D, Sony Alpha etc.

ya i was reading some reviews.. but then i came accross the FinePix S6000fd and read a couple of convincing reviews.. so right now im leaning towards that.

But does any1 think the Sony would be a better buy then the Fujifilm ones.. maybe based on reputation in the field?

I can't personally comment on these cameras but in the past I have found Sony charging more than their products are really worth, because it has "the sony" name on it. For all I know tho those cameras could be a great deal, never herd about or used any of them.

I had a friend who went through two different fuji cameras and ended up getting a Sony before she found one that she was happy with the photos. I on the other hand have been a loyal Sony user (in the point and shoot world) and am seriously contemplating taking back my W55 to get a Canon point and shoot.

If you can, go to a store and try each one out aqnd take pictures with them, that is the only real way to know if you are going to be happy with one of them.

Also, I like the name, I am assuming you have a VR6?

o thanx for the input guys.. its cuz i read a couple of reviews and and they say that the fujifilm is one of the best. they said the quality of pics is really good and bla bla. Then i read the sony and said that like even the lowest ISO isnt that great.. its great for the zoom and the ' Super Steady Shot' technology but other then that and a couple of other things its nothing special

Almost bought the DSC-H5 till a friend convinced me to try SLR. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I picked my Canon.

Personally if I was spending that much money on a digi camera I'd go for the DSLR. It gives you so much more freedom and control.
You can pick some of the older models fairly cheaply too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back