What do you think about my photos?

Welcome to the site. You will get more response if you will post a few images (1-5) on here than you will putting a link to your instagram page.

is your right leg shorter than your left?

umm only in 2 of the pictures looks the way you meant. If see it that way, can you give an advice? that is all I am asking. I am not asking for anything else, thanks.

umm only in 2 of the pictures looks the way you meant. If see it that way, can you give an advice? that is all I am asking. I am not asking for anything else, thanks.

Well, no. All but one of the pics in the link are pretty dramatically tilted towards the right. This is a REALLY common issue. What your camera thinks is level and what you think is level are many times two very different things. The problem is your camera is never wrong in this argument.

There are 2 ways to fix it. Rotating the image in post, and learning how to shoot with a level horizon in the camera. The first is easy but leads to compromised images... the second is hard, and ultimately the right way. I'm lucky in that my Nikon D7000 body has a virtual horizon feature where it shows me if I'm level or not in the viewfinder. A few hundred clicks with that horizon and I was able to mostly re-train my muscle memory to what "level" was while holding the camera.

Outside of that issue the portrait in the field with the girl seems to have missed focus, and the other shots lack a "story" per se. I see a tower, a courtyard, a tree, a truck, a hallway and a house. I will be the first to admit that I'm an amateur, but I don't think my opinion on these shots will be an unpopular one. Try and think about how to frame these shots so that they offer a story of sorts, and try them again! Then come back here and make me eat my words with your progress. :)

Last edited:
I like the picture of the couple holding hands, but the 3 people in the background are distracting. I think this couldve been much stronger if the couple was isolated somehow.

Well, no. All but one of the pics in the link are pretty dramatically tilted towards the right. This is a REALLY common issue. What your camera thinks is level and what you think is level are many times two very different things. The problem is your camera is never wrong in this argument.

There are 2 ways to fix it. Rotating the image in post, and learning how to shoot with a level horizon in the camera. The first is easy but leads to compromised images... the second is hard, and ultimately the right way. I'm lucky in that my Nikon D7000 body has a virtual horizon feature where it shows me if I'm level or not in the viewfinder. A few hundred clicks with that horizon and I was able to mostly re-train my muscle memory to what "level" was while holding the camera.

Outside of that issue the portrait in the field with the girl seems to have missed focus, and the other shots lack a "story" per se. I see a tower, a courtyard, a tree, a truck, a hallway and a house. I will be the first to admit that I'm an amateur, but I don't think my opinion on these shots will be an unpopular one. Try and think about how to frame these shots so that they offer a story of sorts, and try them again! Then come back here and make me eat my words with your progress. :)

this is the kind of answer I was expecting, thanks :)

I also like some of the shots. The leveling is an issue but easily fixed in post. Not hard to retrain yourself to notice a line that should be vertical or horizontal. Sometimes having your item of interest (the tree for instance) in the center of the shot is not the best layout.
It does help to have a thick skin as some folks on here have interesting ideas of humor and some are just nasty or nitpicking for the fun of it.

Most reactions

Back