What do you think about my wife's website?

Do you think we should take that part off of the website? Anyone else have an opinion on that?
Unless you have something unique, no one cares. If you had studio space large enough to accomodate auto photography for instance, that would be worth mentioning.

More from a marketing perspective than photography (I'm at best a poor amateur), I think overall, it gives a quite positive representation of your work. I think the navigation provided is what prospective customers will want to see. But, I also think there are several photos (subjects) that may be detracting from the overall quality of the content on the site. I know I may not have stated this delicately and I apologize for that, but it is my honest opinion. We are not all beautiful (photogenic) people and I most definitely include myself in this category. Why put anything out there that is not the best of the best? I also don't see any proposition. Admittedly, I didn't look at every page, but I don't think you should have to. I think you have to ask for what you want from viewers - call, email, visit the studio, whatever - I didn't see that. I wish I was as talented at photography as you!

Thank you for the feedback! We will update the photos soon and try to only put pretty people on there! :)

I'm not sure what you mean by no proposition. There is a contact button - and I'm assuming if someone had questions or wanted to request an appointment, it would be easy to click on it. In trying to keep the website simple, I'm not sure it would help to put on the front page, "press the contact button above to contact me!"

Thanks for the compliments!

Do you think we should take that part off of the website? Anyone else have an opinion on that?
Unless you have something unique, no one cares. If you had studio space large enough to accomodate auto photography for instance, that would be worth mentioning.

I just removed that section. Thanks for the tip!

Hey!
Its really nice to see a neighbor here. As far as format I liked it, was easy to navigate.
The only thing I wasn't really a fan of was the opening picture of the bride and groom (B&W) in the apple field (or whatever)
I personally would throw something with a little better comp and PP. Something to pull me deeper into the site.
Also some post on the photos are up and down... maybe the colors are off

Welcome to TPF.

More experienced professionals I'm sure will chime in.

We made some changes to some of the photos on the homepage. I would love to hear your opinion on if you think these changes have helped!

Most reactions

Back