What do you think about these cards?

Nope. I'm of that opinion too.

In fact, I like the second one because it's the easiest to read. The function of a business card is to provide your name and contact information... not advertise your services.

You don't have to think about this much. How will most people GET your card? You'll be handing it to them.... so they'll know how to reach you. I certainly hope your prospective client will KNOW what you do at that point.

Maybe I'm way off on this, but I don't know where.

-Pete

I get what you guys are saying about cards that are too busy, but I find that having one simple and REALLY GOOD image on it has been a good thing for my business cards. Usually when I give them to someone we have talked a bit about photography and then I hand them my card with this really cute picture of this adorable baby on it. After they see that, they ALWAYS comment on the picture and sometimes even want to talk about that baby lol.
I see it as a way to whet their appetite for viewing my website because in the end, that's what I really want them to do when they get my card (besides just calling me up and scheduling an appointment).

That being said, I do agree that business cards are very little, and people don't like having to squint to read what's on it and having more than one image makes it busy and distracting.

I think that the font chosen is important and it seems that many tend to go over the top with it (shadows, outlines etc...) and it can make it look outdated/cheesy or just plain annoying to look at.

Just my .02 :)
-April

Thanks all for the comments - sorry I haven't responded - I get so wrapped up in work and it takes me a while to get back :)

I appreciate all the tips - I think I'm leaning toward #2 though... hmmm...

What type of photography do you specialize in?

Based on looks alone I like the second one but if you tell me you specialize in something other than portraits and weddings I might change my mind.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back