what do you think?? i need some help

Mr. Krinkle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello all

well, this idea has been hanging in my head for some time. the main idea i want to lay down into the series is the precense that remains after a separation, a break up. the idea and inpiration came from a book called "el amor en los tiempos del colera" (i dont know the tittle in english) by gabriel garcia marques, and my personal experience. i wanted also to relate this to a series i did before with another subject (you can watch it here) what i would like at the end, thinking in long term, is to have several series in the same "world" with this same character.

anyways, what i wanted is some opinios about this photograph, which is the first one i have achieved, as i havent came up yet with the whole story. here it is...

DSCF4685.jpg

well, any critique is well taken as long it is constructive. plese leave me your impressions.

thank you very much.

:cheers:

I like it - a lot. However the 'box' seems to be a little overpowering. Now I didnt get a chance to have a look at your link so maybe there is a reason that box is so much brighter than the rest of the shot.
Great shot. :)

By the 'box' do you mean the image of the ex-lover in the BG? If so, I'd have to disagree. I think the strong colour adds a warm tone to the image which I guess could be conceptual in a way as well. My first impression is I like the shot, and I'd definately be interested in seeing what you do with the rest of the series.

yeah, when i planed the photo, i certainly wanted the "box" with a very strong presence, yet a little distant and out of focus.

thanx for the comments

I like the idea of the shoot... and will be interested to look into it further (can't look at TOO many pics while at work :wink: ).

I like the shot and thought it worked to accomplish the goal but just to be Devil's Advocate I would like to see a bit more contrast in the photo of the girl. It seems to be a little too subtle for my tastes.

For me... the shot was a little too literal for my tastes. You have an awesome idea for a theme but I think the lone "doll" and picture hand over the idea to the viewer too readily.

When reading the description in your post I kept picturing a candle that's burned almost down to the table (leaving a waxy mess) and a picture behind it that's only lit by the candle. I think that approach might be a little more graceful but... it's only my opinion. :D

Very good. I like the shadows. The one thing I would do is stop down one f/stop. Right now you can barely see that the background picture is of a girl. A little bit more detail would help, but not too much.

The strings holding the photo in the background seem very distracting to me, I think it would look much better if they were cloned out, or shot somehow so they aren't in the photo. also, what about changing the angle of the shot so that the picture is to the left side, and you see the "doll" from a little different angle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back