What do you think of my photo's?

Chicagophotoshop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chicagophotoshop.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do not, I repeat, do not consider myself a professional photographer. but I do intend on selling my photos online. I would love if you can give me some constructive criticism or *gasp* tell me you love em :)

keep in mind, I have not done any touch up work on these photos. but I definitely plan to.

ChicagoPhotoShop8-1.jpg

4 is really the only good one. Everything else just looks too distant.

4 is compositionally strong becuase you have 3 elements in 3 parts of the frame, all leading the eye up to that cloud in the sky. I kind of with that your images were ok to edit beucase i'd play around with number 4.

4 is really the only good one. Everything else just looks too distant.

4 is compositionally strong becuase you have 3 elements in 3 parts of the frame, all leading the eye up to that cloud in the sky. I kind of with that your images were ok to edit beucase i'd play around with number 4.
cool thanks for the input. the distant photos are all shot in RAW so I think I can crop out alot fo wasted space to bring it in a bit. thanks for your input.

Those next 4 are all pretty good. Yeah the first set are kind of far. the 4th one though of the first set is nice.

I agree with most of the already posted comments for the first 4.

In regard to the second 4;

1 seems underexposed and poorly framed. The wall on the right dominates.

2 again seems poorly framed, the DOF also makes the person in front of the two girls very much part of the image. It's also worth noting that taking pictures of young girls in swimsuits may be frowned upon by some members of the public, no matter how innocent the intent or artistic the result.

3 Could be kind of cool, at least you're drawn in to the image by the shapes, but apart from that it's pretty boring and rather flat.

4 The lens distortion does nothing for the image, in fact it seriously detracts from the result. It's not very crisp, but perhaps that's just the compression?

the 4th of the first set is really good, i love pictures like that. i really like the 1st and 3rd of the second too, very nice. i feel the last one is a bit plain, it does have nice colours though which kinda makes up for it.

Unless an individual had a particular need for one of the particular views, I do not see that any of the images is striking enough to be marketable. #4 is nice but kind of cliche. Still someone might have a yen for that angle. The image of the two girls in the bathing suits disturbs me a little as there seems to be no reason for shooting it and/or including it. (Of course, my primary job is school teacher and people fear that all teachers are pedophiles. Thus, I flinch when I see this type of image.)

I believe you are off to a good start, but I also believe that people prefer more striking images. Keep at it.

Rusty Tripod

Most reactions

Back