what do you think of the Nikon D500

A little late for that.. i know i will like it.. i am already excited and looking forward to it.. should be here in a week..but if for some reason i don't like it i can return it... thanks

You've made up your mind. Welcome to Nikon D500 users club! Look for XQD and SD cards with the highest read-write rating. I'm using 64 gig cards. Attach a battery grip and you're covered with two batteries for continuous use. I have one attached to mine along with a third battery as spare. For lengthy live view and 4K video shooting you might need a fourth battery. Pair the D500 with Nikon 70-200 2.8 lens and you're on the go with any city wildlife safari photo shoot. Also, the 20 megapixel raw file uncompressed is practical and manageable for all sorts of editing. Happy shooting!
Thank you Butch and thanks very much for info on the lens... and cards..

Do you have any plans for your d7500 body if the d500 works out?

Do you have any plans for your d7500 body if the d500 works out?
yes it will be for sale.. here is a pic i just took of my turkey stutting his stuff with D7500
1-turkey strut 036.JPG
..lol Its cold and dismal out.. but he thinks it is just perfect.

images look good and sharp with nice colors.
thanks so much.. here is one i just took of Lucky my collie.. he has a blind eye glaucoma so it is a bit larger then his other eye.. but he still is my favorite subject to photograph.. i have really good photos but i cannot resize ..so just today i went to smaller photos. The 2nd photo is why i want the Nikon D500.. thanks again Dark Shadow..
outside 041.JPG
419368_10150654309379634_479980205_n.jpg

Does the D500 play nicely with the newest Nikon lenses? I was pretty p!ssed after getting my D7200 (new) when the newest lenses (3 months later) did not work properly on it.

Does the D500 play nicely with the newest Nikon lenses? I was pretty p!ssed after getting my D7200 (new) when the newest lenses (3 months later) did not work properly on it.
"Newest" meaning what, exactly? Do you mean the "S" lenses? Well, they are not expected to work on anything but the "Z" bodies.

Besides; newest is not always best. Shop for image quality first.

If anyone is curious about what lenses will work on the D500, one merely has to consult the user's manual for a list of compatible lenses.

The AF-P VR works fine on the D7500 but if you want the VR it has to be turned on in body or no VR.

Yes, I'm talking about the PF lenses, the 300 PF, and the new 500 PF look very nice, but does not wok 100% on my D7200, it being the same 'generation' as the D500, I was wondering if they 'fixed' the D500 with a firmware upgrade.

Yes, I'm talking about the PF lenses, the 300 PF, and the new 500 PF look very nice, but does not wok 100% on my D7200, it being the same 'generation' as the D500, I was wondering if they 'fixed' the D500 with a firmware upgrade.
Works amazingly with the 300 PF, guy I follow on Flickr uses it and he wrote a blog about his travels with the D500 + 300 PF, his images look spot on with it.

I just got the Nikon D500// camera.. haven't had time to explore much.. but you know i will make the time..So excited..

Reactions: D7K
I upgraded from a D7100 to a D500 and its hands down the best investment (aside my Nikon AF-S 300mm f/4 D) I've made. I just feels so good in the hand with that deep grip. The auto focus is ridiculous on it and super for photographing birds in flight or sports. I love the flippy screen on the back, which is great for those high up or low down perspectives especially if you're a giant. Does indeed do a good job in low light and with high ISO's and I think it was a super job for Asto and Landscapes too. If you use Back Button Focusing, you can set it up so the extra function button at the front when pressed changes your AF from AF-C to AF-S when shooting stationary subjects. There's more, but I'll save you the read of a wall of txt.

Most reactions

Back