what do you think of the Nikon D500

1-outback 001.JPG

Last edited:
This may have been stated but buyer beware your old lenses may not work as well if at all. The sensor is so good on the 500 that you will need the newer generation of glass. I bought mine only to realize my 80-20mm f2.8 no longer cut it in image quality.

I had to buy all new lenses to get the quality I needed. It's an awesome body and happy with the purchase but I was very bummed about the lens cost.

This may have been stated but buyer beware your old lenses may not work as well if at all. The sensor is so good on the 500 that you will need the newer generation of glass. I bought mine only to realize my 80-20mm f2.8 no longer cut it in image quality.

I had to buy all new lenses to get the quality I needed. It's an awesome body and happy with the purchase but I was very bummed about the lens cost.
what lens did you purchase just so i have an idea what to expect..thanks

what lens did you purchase just so i have an idea what to expect..thanks

I went with:
1. 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 for kind of an all-around lens.
2. 200-500mm f/5.6 for wildlife some sports stuff.
3. I want to put a 70-200 f/2.8 in my bag but at 2700 that is going to have to wait.

Ideally, the three lenses to own are
These lenses are considered the Magic 3 expensive.
1. AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 ED
2. AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 ED
3. AF-S VR II Zoom-Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 IF-ED.

thank you so much..i think it is time to get a new lens..i only have tamron lens..thanks so much..will look into these

thank you so much..i think it is time to get a new lens..i only have tamron lens..thanks so much..will look into these
I don't always recommend books but this camera has a LOT of options and honestly I was quite overwhelmed with all of the features and how to use them properly. I ended up picking up David Busch's Nikon D500 Guide to Digital SLR Photography. It does a great job of explaining all the features and has suggestions on setting the camera up.

I don't always recommend books but this camera has a LOT of options and honestly I was quite overwhelmed with all of the features and how to use them properly. I ended up picking up David Busch's Nikon D500 Guide to Digital SLR Photography. It does a great job of explaining all the features and has suggestions on setting the camera up.

thank you ...thank you

Just received the D7500 camera back from Nikon.. all cleaned and set to factory standards... also all wrapped and sealed for new owner when i sell it.. i forgot to check camera for shutter clicks.. how many etc.. does any one know on this invoice if the 1581 number indicates the shutter count.. i hate to unwrap the camera to find out.. i will call Nikon tomorrow and ask but it is sunday today and would really like to know..thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back