What do you think of these photos?

AndyH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all! I am new to photography and I just got a new camera. It is a Sony DSC-H50. I took these two pictures of my son playing. I was wondering what you thought of the quality. I want to make sure I get the best out of my camera. I messed around with them in photoshop ( cropped and did auto level contrast and color, and sharpened). They look too noisy to me.
Thanks!

DSC00446(3).jpg

DSC00447(3).jpg

Last edited:
C&C per req:

I think they're not bad at all. The first one is a very nice shot, good exposure and nice, child-like epression, but it needs to be leveled. The poor lad looks like he's going to slide right out of the picture and on to my desk! ;)

The second one isn't quite as appealing to me, as there's a little too much going on. With the bird-bath being taller than the child, I find it grabbing my attention. One thing that may have worked here would be to lie down in front of him and shoot from ground-level up at him. With child photography (all people and animals really) it's generally a good idea to be at eye-level with them. You've done that in the first, but not so much the second one.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Thanks! I went back and re-cropped number one to straighten it up and I cropped the bird bath out of number two. This time I didn't sharpen them because that seems to add noise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back