What do you think of these??

jdreynss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys.... I'm pretty new here.... and just wanted to post up some quick pics for your thoughts.

Please feel free to give suggestions, and let me know what you like and don't like.

I am working very hard to become a better photographer, and any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks
Jason

$7823612290_8dbfd77bb2_b.jpg

$7823699908_e9c27db8dd_b.jpg

$7823713528_696dc533d8_b.jpg

$7823724422_fea0918f0c_b.jpg

Attachments

• $7823612290_8dbfd77bb2_c.jpg
    $7823612290_8dbfd77bb2_c.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 81
#1: i liked it; you could have kept the cross like object a bit more off center; probably a vertical edit would do more good
#2: liked the colors and lighting; but there is a lack of point of interest, i am afraid
#3: I really liked this well
#4: generally members here dislike vignette, even though my attitude is neutral ;) I like the kid :D

OK. since you asked.
Of these I think #1 is the best. Shows the proper way to get your subject to stand out against the blurred background. whether accidental or on purpose that is the best way to shoot that one.
#2. this shot is too busy for my taste and doesn't really have a focal point. Not a bad photograph; just not very interesting
#3 I guess everyone feels the need to take a picture of a pretty sunset. Now that you've done it move on.
#4 I don't see the need for the vignette. It's distracting

And a general comment and question. I don't understand why you feel the need to put a watermark on these. Nobody is going to steal them.
Do you really have a photography business as your watermark would imply ?

#4's vignette is wayyyyyy to much in my opinion. Instead of a soft gradation it's very sharp and harsh. I would probably get rid of it all together, or bring it down about 90%

Agree that #1 is the best, and also about reframing a little.

On #2 you might try cropping the top to remove the sky, trees and some of the furthest headstones, and then convert to bw.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back