What do you think of this?

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I put this photo in B&W becaue i didnt reallyc are for the colors, and its a white house anyway , its just got a brown wood door. But i dont know if i really like how it looks... I always see everyone else's black and white photography and it just has a sharper, cleaner, more black and white look... I feel like my photos are always lackign something in just how the B&W looks, it doesnt seen like i'm doing it right or somethign.. i need as much feedback on this as i can get, feel free to tweak it if you want. thanks!

house.jpg

Shorty, I like it, it has a slightly creepy yet nostalgic feel to it. however, I can't help you with the "black and whiteness" of it, as I haven't found the magic elixir for it myself. My black and whites always seem to be missing "something". Perhaps because I've viewed too many Ansel Adams', and have been spoiled by his great B&W work.

I love the compossion of this one. However, it is a little out of focus and the house itself is just about to blow out (completely white). I would probably burn the house a bit (not much because I like the contrast) and sharpen the picture a little.

its not out of focus ... something went wrong between photoshop and here, because it was pretty sharp at 100% when i photoshopped it, i think photobucket is ruining my photos...

I think that what defines the AA school of exposure is the number of well defined mid-tones. Altho this photo has whites and blacks the mid-tones are quite weak.

You can manipulate the curves to strengthen the mid-tones and produce a more AA look (altho I liked the original soot and snow image)

The original is on the left and its histogram is below.
The hi-res original can probably be manipulated to produce quite a nice print.

aacompxa2.jpg

thanks traveler!, i am always torn between grays and trying to get a lot of contrast in there..

what does everyone else use to upload photos?

Imageshack

Altho Slide.com has free hosting, they don't have live linking yet but will soon.
(my son is chief developer)

how do you link an image from flickr?

I like the picture!!!!!... Can I ask a stupid question. How did you get your picture in the body of the email. I am VERY new to any type of forum and would appreciate some feedback on a pic that I took of my daughter

Thanks all.. Look forward to hearing from you

here, i played a bit with it and here's what i got-

housexku4.jpg

i dont know if that looks much better...

I'm sorry but I don't see anything good in this photo, though I suppose the subject matter could be worse.

Here are my problems with the photo:

1) The tree limbs are highly distracting. At the very least, they don't contribute anything.
2) The tonal range is extremely poor.
3) It's out of focus.
4) The subject matter is uninteresting.

All in all, the photo looks just like what it is: an attempt to rescue via digital PP what's basically a mediocre shot. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. If you're going to take advantage of the leisure to snap basically unlimited photos with a digital camera, then you'd be naive to expect either that they're all going to turn out great, or that all the crummy ones are rescue-able. My advice (and this goes out to everyone with similar posts) is to just accept that some of the photos we take are no good. Pick your battles.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back