What do you think?

Konotashi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a few pictures I've taken. I'd just like some of your opinions on them. :) Still trying to figure out the gallery.... Just want to know if you guys think I might have professional potential? Sorry this is so pic heavy. D: (Now numbered!) :)

#1 This one is pretty much my favorite picture I've ever taken. Luckily I got quite a few good photos of him before he passed.
CalendarContest.jpg

#2 A German shepherd I took a photo of at the dog show that came here recently.
DogShow1120.jpg

#3 An Aussie, again at the dog show.
DogShow1638.jpg

#4 My ferret (on top) and my boyfriend's brother's ferret (on bottom).
040.jpg

#5 Aiden, one of our French bulldogs.
Doggiez090.jpg

#6 Sania, our lab. This photo is currently on display at the Gilbert Public School's district office.
Sania081V2.jpg

#7 Jacobi, one of my baby girls.
ProSugz048.jpg

#8 A lion named Cookie at the Phoenix zoo.
zoo232.jpg

#9 One of my favorites (if not my favorite) of a non-animal.
FromDads055.jpg

#10 And the last one (promise!) Just playing around with depth-of-field.
Girls043.jpg

Last edited:
The French Bulldog's eyes are to die for, that's my favorite out of the bunch.
The dog jumping is also a great photo.
A small suggestion, number the photos! :)

You know how to capture the eyes I think. I like all, but the 1st and 7th seem a little out of focus to me. I think you have good composition. I think you have a very good start.

You know how to capture the eyes I think. I like all, but the 1st and 7th seem a little out of focus to me. I think you have good composition. I think you have a very good start.

That was with auto focus. (I hate auto focus). But in both, they were on my hand, so manual focus wasn't really an option, lol.

It might be from motion considering the rest of of your shots are great.

#1, 4, 6 and 10 are just outstanding imo. #10 is easily my favorite, perfect DOF and point of focus if you ask me.. the contrast is wonderful which makes it work well in black and white. Same goes for #4 with the contrasts..
EDIT: I'd rotate 4 a smidge just so the furry white wall is completely vertical..
The other photos look alright, but (and I don't mean this in a prick-y way) nothing that stands out from many others who post here in the beginner forum.

You're a arts/photography student then? Just a guess..

As far as professional potential goes, I think it has much to do with your networking, people skills, and your ability to shoot stuff you could care less about. Going off my favorite 4 shots here, it's my opinion that you have a lot of potential.

I love the way you have capture the eyes in these photos. I love the eyes in photos 2 and 6 but I feel that the tounge takes away from the eyes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back