what do you think

stbos100

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i use to shoot with the canon Mark II 5d but i sold everything. now im starting new and was looking at the new mark III 5d and the nikon d800/e
which do you think is better for shooting concerts in low light also any word on when they will update the nikon d300s or canon 60d/7d

Forget the "E" unless your big on landscapes. I haven't seen enough comparisons to the 5DMkIII but logic is going to dictate that the Canon is going to perform better at HIGH ISO...but the jury is out until real world facts come in from users...it's really too early to say as neither camera are released yet.

Nikon is supposedly going to be releasing another new body this year, expected upgrade to the D300 series.

i use to shoot with the canon Mark II 5d but i sold everything. now im starting new and was looking at the new mark III 5d and the nikon d800/e
which do you think is better for shooting concerts in low light also any word on when they will update the nikon d300s or canon 60d/7d

For your uses, a Canon 5D MKIII would work better, 36MP would serve no real use for concert shooting in low light, it's best for portraits, landscape shooting. Again, I feel the 5D MK3 will be a more versatile camera.

I think Cannon would be a much better choice for you, and that has nothing to do with Cannon vs Nikon, You say yourself you've shot with Cannon, so it would seem to be much more comfortable for you and familiar, plus I imagine you may even have some glass from your previous Cannon, not to mention from what I've seen Cannon glass is quite a bit cheaper overall then Nikons, either camera would work great for what you want to do, but I would go with Cannon IMO.

Most reactions

Back