What do you think?

Skiiandme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone!

I am a hobbyist Photographer a newbie, I only take Photos whenever I feel like it, but I do watch online tutorials on how to take photos like a Pro; Though, I know I am way far from being one. Anyways, I have been trying to do my best to take in what I learn and make it an instinct. I try my best to take a photo and with a snap of a finger *poof* I know what to do.

Yesterday, I saw a lizard fell on the bottle I left in the sink and I tried to let it go. But as I lifted the bottle a light reflected inside the bottle and hit the lizard. And that was when an idea struck my mind. I quickly grabbed a lamp shade to create dynamic lighting and placed the bottle in a wooden bench.

From what I learned, "Play with Light", and so I did by focusing the light on the subject, I also turned the room light off to create drama.

I also learned to "Emphasize the subject" and so I made the light outside the bottle dimmer than the inside.

I also learned how to use "Guiding lines" leading the eyes of the viewer to the subject. On this photo thought, It is a circle because the viewers eyes is directed inside the bottle to the subject (I think).

So I just wanted to know your opinions, I'm open to criticisms and suggestions. But please don't be too harsh. Thanks.

P.S
This Photo was so on the spot and a real no brainer. And promise, I let the poor lizard go after taking the photo.

The-Unexpected-Visitor.jpg

The lighter frosted white area around the bottle is taking my eye away from the lizard and that area is also breaking some of the leading lines that go to the lizard. Some of those leading lines (we have the workbench and not just the bottle) are taking me to the dark area at the back of the image where there is nothing to see and I feel there is a little too much dead space at the upper part of the image.

I like the concept and what you did to make the shot and I think could work very well without the lizard (which may have made you rush too much to get the best lighting).

First lizard in a bottle picture I have seen. Props for making this picture. It needs a bit of liughtening up for maximum impact, I think. For a low-light shot, not too bad.

As Dave mentions...maybe some cropping-in would help?

The lighter frosted white area around the bottle is taking my eye away from the lizard and that area is also breaking some of the leading lines that go to the lizard. Some of those leading lines (we have the workbench and not just the bottle) are taking me to the dark area at the back of the image where there is nothing to see and I feel there is a little too much dead space at the upper part of the image.

I like the concept and what you did to make the shot and I think could work very well without the lizard (which may have made you rush too much to get the best lighting).

Thanks. I'll keep in mind to not have stray guide lines. And I'll try to crop next time. :)

First lizard in a bottle picture I have seen. Props for making this picture. It needs a bit of liughtening up for maximum impact, I think. For a low-light shot, not too bad.

As Dave mentions...maybe some cropping-in would help?

Hahaha, It feels good doing a unique idea. Yes, I'll try to improve myself more.

Needed a bigger lizard??
Great exercise for you to learn about light and using it to achieve the effect you wanted.
The question is "Did You get what you wanted in the shot." If I like the result is another question..................

Needed a bigger lizard??
Great exercise for you to learn about light and using it to achieve the effect you wanted.
The question is "Did You get what you wanted in the shot." If I like the result is another question..................

Yes of course, I like the picture I took. But I think it's good to hear others opinions. :) :)

Hahaha, I did wish the lizard was bigger.

Hahaha, I did wish the lizard was bigger.

Women say that to me all the time :(

Almost kinda hurt my eyes looking for the subject of the pic. I like the lighting but the glass mixed with the light makes the lizard look a little bit like a unicorn.

I love the fact you have a photo of a lizard in a glass. Nice job

Neat idea and pretty darn good execution.
Great write up and thought process.
The above comments cover some great suggestions. Some of them can be implemented on this photo by taking it back into your editing software and cropping, raising exposure etc. to see what impact these changes have.
Another thing you could do as a learning exercise is to set up a similar shot (marble or some other object in place of lizard) and experiment with the light to see what the difference is when you shift the light from left to right/ higher vs lower etc.

Neat idea and pretty darn good execution.
Great write up and thought process.
The above comments cover some great suggestions. Some of them can be implemented on this photo by taking it back into your editing software and cropping, raising exposure etc. to see what impact these changes have.
Another thing you could do as a learning exercise is to set up a similar shot (marble or some other object in place of lizard) and experiment with the light to see what the difference is when you shift the light from left to right/ higher vs lower etc.

I see. I should try doing experiment with a dummy subject and play with lighting more. I never thought of that! I think that would be great way to learn. Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back