What do you think?

slimpickins70

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
1. canon 350d body only new, 285 + tax

2. canon 350d body only new, case battery and charger 279 + tax

3. canon 400d body only new, 340 + tax

4. canon 400d body only new, case battery and charger 349 + tax

well is the 400 worth the extra 50 bucks? or are these prices too good to be true?

also i plan on using my canon zoom 35-80mm 1:4-5.6 from my rebel G. or should i should i think about getting one of the 18-55mm lenses. i think it's only about 100 bucks more.

Thanks

or are these prices too good to be true?
Yes. The lowest price on the internet usually is. Check out this site and look up the name of the stores you are looking at.
Check out B&H and Adorama...those are about the best real prices you will find...and they are reputable stores.

well is the 400 worth the extra 50 bucks?
An extra $50...I'd say yes...but it's probably more than that, at a reputable store.

also i plan on using my canon zoom 35-80mm 1:4-5.6 from my rebel G. or should i should i think about getting one of the 18-55mm lenses. i think it's only about 100 bucks more.
I would suggest getting the 18-55 lens with the camera. With many of the digital SLR cameras...there is a 'crop factor' which essentially makes the lenses feel like they are longer than they do on 35mm film SLR cameras. With this camera, it's a factor of 1.6...so you 35-80mm would feel like a 56-128mm. That's not a very wide view. The 18-55mm would be much more of a 'normal' view. For more info...just search for 'crop factor'.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Big Mike,

thanks for the heads up. both of the stores i was looking at seem to be full of it.
also thanks for the lens tip.

Most reactions

Back