What do you think?

Spinkygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, its been a while since I posted any pics, what do you think of this? Its taken at Loch Morlich in the Cairngorms, Scotland.

DSCF3875.jpg

It's a tricky one. If more definition were brought to the rocks and foreground, the sky would be blown out. (unless you resort to photoshop magic)

But Photoshop Magic could be everyone's friend here... ;)
For the bottom clearly is too dark. But the sky is lovely.

It's a tricky one. If more definition were brought to the rocks and foreground, the sky would be blown out. (unless you resort to photoshop magic)

Alternatively, expose for more definition in the trees and use a neutral density graduated filter on the sky when taking the picture.

Alternatively, expose for more definition in the trees and use a neutral density graduated filter on the sky when taking the picture.
Bah, that's still cheating :mrgreen: . Just my not-so-humble opinion.

On the other hand, it is just the sensor or film that has trouble seeing definition in both areas. The human eye doesn't see either one of them being blown out. So maybe it is allowed. :thumbup:

Thanks for your comments, I agree that its too dark, I haven't been able to photoshop it yet but I do intend to try and brighten up the black areas. A friend quite like the mystery of the black areas so I was interested to get a second opinion.

I think it looks really good, but does need more definition in the rocks and trees. I think a longer exposure and a smaller aperture may have helped. But this is a good opportunity to develop your product/print skills and experiment with bringing out the the dark spots. Don't think of it as 'magic', think of it as a 'clue.'

Looks like good composition and form.

I agree, the sky is great but the foreground needs a bit of brightening

Most reactions

Back