What do YOU wear?

wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We all dress up for a wedding shoot, but what do you normally wear during your non-wedding shoots? I find myself on my belly when photographing kids, so I need to be able to wear something comfortable and easy to move in. It's tempting to wear jeans and a nice blouse, but I feel that is not as professional as I could be. So, what do YOU wear? :)

Marian

For weddings I wear black pants, white and black striped blouse and a black vest (I swear I don't look like a mime) but for more 'on-location' shoots (the few I have done) I personally don't see a problem with nice, clean-cut jeans if the photos are of a casual nature. There is really no point in where dress pants to the park so you can roll around in the grass - also, if you are feeling 'limited' by what you are wearing, the kid is going to catch on to that and not feel comfortable either = bad photos. (That's right, the clothes make the shoot ;) Kidding of course.. slightly)

I don't do weddings or people shots (accept for surfers). I do mostly nature shots so how I dress depends on the area I am going to. In taking shots of surfers again dress is not important though here in Florida on the gulf side the best time for taking shots of surfers is just before a hurricane or just after and if your crazy enough during the hurricane for there is always a few surfers out there.

Mostly I wear Jeans and a shirt and tennis shoes. Gators are more interested in the taste of your hide than your style.

For weddings I wear just nice black pants and a black button up shirt.

Portrait shoots I usually wear either a nice pair of jeans or khakis, I have a million nice button up more western style shirts so one of those usually sleeves rolled up, and if I'm doing football or something with lots of running around I wear my combat boots (can't get comfier then those)

Currently right now during my normal photography job I wear DCU's or ABU's with body armor and kevlar helment and two camera body on me. Ill post a pic sometime soon. For a wedding a nice white collared shirt with kackys pants.

Weddings... black or dark gray pants with a nice top and SAS (unfashionable but comfortable) shoes (the ONLY reason I can walk right after a long day on my feet). Portraits and other jobs... jeans and a t-shirt. I move around, climb and crawl on the ground way too much to wear anything restrictive or that will get damaged easily. I also usually kick off my shoes as I literally climb on furniture to get the right angle and am a major klutz. I am much more steady with them off and I've had more than one client comment that my taking my shoes off was such an 'artist' thing to do. ;)

well during my under grad it worked at Jcrew, that should about explain it :lol:

Well, dont do weddings and stuff. But when i go to the zoo, i were a dark shirt. So when you have to shoot through glass, the dark shirt wont reflect in the glass as much as a light shirt. And thats pretty handy :)

It would depend on what I was shooting. If I was doing an business portrait, I would wear dress pants and nice shirt. Senior Portraits or children, I wear nice jeans and a nice but comfortable shirt. I don't know why, but I usually work barefoot.

Most reactions

Back