What does he mean? (Photoshop related)

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I asked somebody about how they their pictures like this and this is what they told me:

"I would recommend first adjusting levels and then using selective color, but first try to get the best picture you can (iso, aperture, shutter speed). I don't use lighting so I just try to get the best natural lighting as possible. But most of the stuff is with color adjusting. "

Because i am pretty much new to Photoshop but i think i know where to look for changing colors and have tried to do the same he has, i
couldnt make it work. Any suggestions?

I asked somebody about how they their pictures like this and this is what they told me:

"I would recommend first adjusting levels and then using selective color, but first try to get the best picture you can (iso, aperture, shutter speed). I don't use lighting so I just try to get the best natural lighting as possible. But most of the stuff is with color adjusting. "

Because i am pretty much new to Photoshop but i think i know where to look for changing colors and have tried to do the same he has, i
couldnt make it work. Any suggestions?

for levels go to image>adjustments and click on levels, play with these and you will quickly see what they do and how small of adjustment is neccessary to make a large change.

selective color is in the same place (image>adjustments) this time click selective color...i haven't done much with this option in PS but I do know that it adds/removes colors(kinda self-explanatory). selective color can make or break a photo, so be careful and don't go crazy...

and like he said the best photo from the beginning is always best. cause the less post processing you do the better. also, if you planning to print these images make sure to watch for colors out of gamut. these are colors that are not printable, but are viewable on screen.

someone else may be able to explain this a tad better than i can...but i hope this helps some anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back