What driver for 300D?

Ghoste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm borrowing a rebel from someone and didn't get the software, and I don't have a card reader, what's the driver I need to just get the pictures off the card from the camera? I don't want any other crap lol.

Oh man, I can't wait. But I have a list of stuff I want.. and I kinda need to put it in order of importance.

I need, a 20D as soon as I can, I would really like to get my Powerbook and also I need a car.. not that bad, since my parents let me take theirs all the time, but they still tell me to get a car lol. And I really need to get a camera because I've been getting a lot of small clients that I can just shoot digital for and I want a laptop so I can load everyrthing to that at the job site. Plus I can take the laptop with me to work =) Hmm, what else.. I dunno.

Don't know about Canon but the Nikons are detected as standard USB mass storage devices and therefore need no special driver in Windows 2000/XP. Maybe just try and plug it in, if you haven't already done so.

canons are detected, UNLESS you're shooting raw. Then you need zoom browser to see/dload them.

Get a cardreader. Dloading with canon is a PITA.
The battery will die in the middle of the card and you won't be able to get your images till you recharged it.
A gig will probably take 1.5 hours to transfer.

And if you want a 20D, then you NEED a cardreader anyways.

With my canon 350D I just connected the USB lead and the computer detected it as a mass usb storage device.... or something like that... even when I'm shotting raw they all show up. I dunno if that'll be the same for the 300D though. (and I've never had the battery die mid transfer).

Definately get the card reader though. I bought one of those PCMCIA card adaptors and I just put the CF card in there in my laptop and it works a charm. It's a little slow, but I'm in no rush, I just let it do its thing. It's amazing how you realise how annoying that little white lead is once you don't need it anymore.

Although with the card reader, I find I'm forgetting my card a lot more often coz I just leave it in there. Make sure you get into a routine of taking it out straight after it's all downloaded (or whatever) so that you don't forget it it one important day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back