What drove you to do photography?

So...What drove you to do photography?
I bought my first Honda about two years ago. Previously it was Subauras and a GMC pickup.

Did I miss the question?

I collect creative outlets.
I am also working on my "jack of all trades" Merit Badge.

I'm the same way. Since high school I've wandered between FPS mapmaking, electronic music, 3d graphic design, and now photography.

I've always had a creative itch that I needed to scratch, and I love photography for the instant gratification of creating something. with music, you have to spend days coming up with even a decent melody, and then spend months tweaking and massaging the sound. In 3d design, I work far too slowly to derive any instant pleasure out of the process. but in photography, every once in a while an image just pops by itself.

It's a nice feeling, and terribly addictive.

Yeah but hopefully they don't start a Photographer's Anonymous for the addiction. I like this addiction.

I collect creative outlets.
I am also working on my "jack of all trades" Merit Badge.

I'm the same way. Since high school I've wandered between FPS mapmaking, electronic music, 3d graphic design, and now photography.

I've always had a creative itch that I needed to scratch, and I love photography for the instant gratification of creating something. with music, you have to spend days coming up with even a decent melody, and then spend months tweaking and massaging the sound. In 3d design, I work far too slowly to derive any instant pleasure out of the process. but in photography, every once in a while an image just pops by itself.

It's a nice feeling, and terribly addictive.

That's more of a "I'm a nerd" merit badge. :lol:

I got into photography after I saw the difference between the photos of a cheap 35mm p&s, and a 110 and an old 126 were giving me. My photos looking outstanding in comparison. I know that's not much of a reason, but go with it.

I had a point and shoot and like the outdoors. I got a DSLR thinking it would make me awesome.

Most reactions

Back