Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A little while ago, I shot a wedding; a very informal, small, backyard affair, bright sun, harsh shadow, you know the type. Unfortunately, because of some timing and cueing errors, I wasn't where I planned to be when the bride made her entrance, and this is what I wound up with:

Original.JPG

This is where I am as far as PP goes:

Final.jpg

(Ignore any colour casts)

given these two images, thoughts, and suggestions on what might improve the final result?

Thanks!

Remove the leaves of the plant to the left.
Possibly add some color back into her skin tone.

second look
Crop the left and top off some. The unfocused fan above her head is a little distracting.

Are you able to take the draps on the left and add a copy to the right side of the opening?

Take out the right sliding door frame so it doesnt look like she barely fit through the door.

I was wondering about the plants; I may bin them. I agree about the fan (it's actually track-lighting) now that I've looked again. I'll see what I can do with the door and the drapes. Thanks!

Well, you don't want to make it too obvious that you edit it. I personally think you should take out the right white frame. Also include the gray frame on the top. They won't really realize that you edit it. If someone is not familiar with the house they would think she's going through a wide door. I don't think you should add the drapes on the other side.

Part of the problem is that this is a 5x7 crop for print - I can only move it around so much, and the right side of the image is pretty ugly - I take your point about the doorway width though. I'll see what I can come up with.

I'll show you something tomorrow. I'm on my iPhone right now lol. If you need my help I can certainly use this for my portfolio. I'll put you on the credit. I will need a high resolution though. [email protected]

On the second shot, I would burn or blacken out the people behind her to add more focus on the bride.

this is what I had in mind. Couldnt do much with the low resolution but you got the idea.

wedding.jpg

Hi,

If you have enough quality then crop it.
TPFnotoriginal1.jpg

Or try to clean rubish, and try playing with vignette.. Maybe it helps.

TPFnotoriginal.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back