What else do I need?

RTXPIX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just ordered a Canon XT body and I have a tripod, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II Lens and Sigma 75-300 mm zoom. I will be taking pictures of football games, competitive dance, wildlife and landscapes. I need help choosing a flash and other accessories that I will need. I know the Sigma is not a great lenses for action shots, but that is all that my budget will allow for now. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RTX

I would look to get a flash, i believe the canon one is like a 430 ex or something. Do you have any kind of budget?

uv filters for your lenses... a polarizer for your landscapes and outdoor shots..

might want to start looking into photo editing software...

a hot shoe flash like jimmy said ... (i shoot nikon so can't recommend)

a bag to hold it all... a wireless shutter remote...

oh .... and start saving for that next lens you will be craving in three weeks.... it's amazing how you can find the money.....

Guys,

Thanks for the quick reply! I was thinking of spending $200-$250 for the flash. I would like to spend less, but not sure if the lower cost off brands are any good.

What type of editing software do you guys use?

Thanks

You can get the 430EX for about $250. I would stick with the Canon flash rather than the off brand stuff.

If those are the only 2 lenses you have and you want to do some landscape photography you are going to need another lens. A wide-angle lens is alot more appropriate for landscape photograpy probably he lens you should have gotten as a "kit" lens would have been adequate.

I agree with JIP.. got the kit lens? that should be fine for now. I also like to carry a spirit bubble level that attaches to the hotshoe. Cheap and convenient in making sure your camera is level.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back