What equipment needed to archive this kind of quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiago

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi, need a help of professional)) i need to set up a photo studio for taking clothing pictures of mannequins and models, please advise what equipment needed, including camera to archive this kind of quality or better :) don't even know where to start)), thanks!!!
Slouchy Pants - Helmut Lang

I promise that I am not being snarky here. Based on your post, I get that you need shots of clothing on mannequins and models (presumably for some kind of fashion/clothing business). It also sounds like you are starting with literally nothing. It would be *far* more cost-effective in the long run to just hire the professional, rather than trying to buy pro gear and learning to use it to get the quality that you are looking for.

The quality comes from years of experience.. not the camera, or the other gear. Can't buy that though....

Well, what DO you have already? What kind of knowledge do you have?

If you dont have any real sugestions, do your self a favor, just pass by and don't comment at all... and don't spam this topic! As i sad i really don't know where to start, any suggestions on equipment will be much appreciated, thanks!

I have huge room with backdrop, ****y impact strobes lol which BnH suggested, and 2 florescent bulb lights, plus a 6 octagon florescent light, but it doesnt help.. it bright and all but lots of shadows and doent really look good)))

i am guessing i need different better strobes? and continuous light? with some 500-1000watt?

Continuous light, even though it LOOKS bright, is a lot less light than a strobe.
Your problem is knowledge. That's what is making the horrible shadows, not the lights. THe lights can only do what you make them do. If you place them improperly they will make shadows.
StudioLighting.net should be a good resource.

If you dont have any real sugestions, do your self a favor, just pass by and don't comment at all... and don't spam this topic! As i sad i really don't know where to start, any suggestions on equipment will be much appreciated, thanks!

Based on this comment. Good luck!

1.White Seamless

2.6 foot parabolic to the left up high, 50 inch umbrella (or softbox) to the right for fill to make about a 1:1.5 ratio

3.apparel stylist to catch the things you'll miss with the clothing

4. 18% gray card, a color calibrated monitor hooked up to the computer you're shooting tethered to (because exposures/color/focus are critical in situations like this).

5. Any tether-capable DSLR on a tripod with a short telephoto to compress perspective.

Commercial photogs who do catalog shots like this make bank. It's highly technical, requires absolute consistency, and technical perfection from years worth of experience. Unless you really know your sh*t, hire someone else to do it, or else you'll end up paying double. (you attempting it + hiring a pro to actually do it)

/speaking from experience working on sets shooting apparel for exactly the same application as what you linked.

Now here's the tricky one, try shooting the picture you linked, except there's no model so it looks like the clothes are floating on a completely invisible person. Or photographing shoes like they're exploded diagrams.

Last edited:
Is it just photography where people do this?

Hi my engine through a rod. Could someone advise me all the tools i need to complete the rebuild. I have never taken an engine apart , but i figure its pretty self explanitory

Cause we know as long as you have the right equipment its just pressing the shutter button, instant pictures

So I bought myself a Formula 1 car, the steering wheel looks like an Xbox controller, wanna take it out for a spin?!

I was trying to be helpful.. EQUIPMENT wont help you! But you don't get it, do you? :)

Hi my engine through a rod. Could someone advise me all the tools i need to complete the rebuild. I have never taken an engine apart , but i figure its pretty self explanitory

Cause we know as long as you have the right equipment its just pressing the shutter button, instant pictures

It's not just photography.. try working in the graphic design biz.. "Oh, of course it'll only take a minute to design that graphic, let me just press the finished product button my keyboard.. "

It's not just photography.. try working in the graphic design biz.. "Oh, of course it'll only take a minute to design that graphic, let me just press the finished product button my keyboard.. "

Wonder if it happens in cooking forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back