What equipment should I buy?

I'm confused...are you learning or do you know how to take pictures "quite well"?

I take pictures "quite well" but I am learning. I can defend myself, but I am not a Pro yet.

Just a word of advice. Quit replying to this thread while you're ahead. It won't be long before there are 10 pages of people dogging you. Once one starts everyone else will follow.

dewey said:
I would say you should get a job as an assistant to a successful wedding photographer in the area. There is so much more to learn than you can get from books, online, etc. Your chances of becoming a successful wedding photographer will be so much higher if you go that route.

The equipment list you need compared to what you have is too long to type, and it's already out there for you. I would spend some time on Google and see what professional's carry.

I have to agree with Dewey.

I have a couple of questions.

Have you had any formal photography and portraiture training. Reading is fine, but the experience is a very important part of the equation.

Have you worked as an assistance to get the feel of the questions and things thrown your way?

If you are being paid, make sure you have the proper experience or your clients will be all over you.

A lot of people buy Digital Cameras and software and think that is all there is to it. WRONG!! That will get you into trouble. You actually have to know what you are doing unless it is just a snapshot type.

I am not trying to scare you, if I was I could tell you true stories and disappointment. Just do you homework and build a solid foundation first. There is a lot of great advice on this forum to help you.

Hope it works for you!

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Here is an example, I not saying I am the best (just in case), I am learning...
could you maybe post something similar to the topic at hand? events such as a birthday, wedding or other practice you have done, Doing so would help in giving advice on what you may need to improve on as well as suggestions on what to get next. A landscape shot has nothing to do with dealing with a low light wedding or event and as far as i see is not relevant to the discussion. Now, you said you bounce off the ceiling? are you using any modifiers on the flash? if not that may be a place to start with adding more equipment, shooting with a dome vs bare bounce flash can have a great effect on how it looks as well. there are tons of accessories out there that you could find useful

Most reactions

New Topics

Back